How to make your car almost theft-proof

i think i have that in the links archive, i'll have to check...

the kill switch is the easiest. can't wait to try it out on the weekend

Engine Bay Kill switch is an interesting one...but he says there is no plugs on the 96+ civics......so how do we do it? All these guides are for pre 96 civics.....can anyone confirm the locations of the wires etc for newer civics?

After reading it again, the 96+ civics do not have an ignition wire on any connector in the engine bay.....so the best option would be to combine the fuel kill switch with the starter kill switch :nice:

How do you actually test that it works if you wire this into your alarm? Obviously if you use a manual switch you just try and start it and if it starts you messed up.....but if you wire this to the alarms ground when armed wire how do you test it?? What happens if the thief cuts the ground when armed wire does that mean the relay closes the contact and the car will start?

Last edited:
haha i knew it wouldnt be long before you got involved in this thread keith :) for all forum members if u want to make ur car theft proof speak to keithiesbig1 :D

haha i knew it wouldnt be long before you got involved in this thread keith :) for all forum members if u want to make ur car theft proof speak to keithiesbig1 :D

Cheeky wee cvnt :p well I have always said "trust no one" And I rarely do trust anyone :p

And I wouldn't like to go through what others have (Inc the unfortunate people on here) with pride and joys being taken! I will do anything to prevent this. Really good stuff in this link! :lock:

all i have is a pad lock on the steering colum. no alarm,no kill switch,no battery cut off,no motion sensors. it is proven that most of that stuff doesnt work.

all i have is a pad lock on the steering colum. no alarm,no kill switch,no battery cut off,no motion sensors. it is proven that most of that stuff doesnt work.

I fitted a kill switch to my first car, someone tried to steel it one week later! found car 50yards from my house ,every switch turned on. exept my hidden kill switch!! so yes they do work ,aslong as you hide them well.

Back