My EK9 Build (alot of pics)

ek9 citrus

Starting off my name is jeff from Seattle WA, USA. Today im going to be sharing with you is my build thread. So enough about this here's spec's

Engine Displacement.
K20a dc5 r swap/ Mugen ecu
Karcepts Intake
Karcepts pulley relocator
Karcepts shifter mount kit
Hasport EKK1 mounts
Hasport hose adapter
SSR/DTR header
Spoon N1 exhaust 1st gen

Interior
OEM interior
no headliner
no rear plastics

Exterior
OEM ctr

Suspension/wheels
Megan track edition 1 piece coilover
J's racing front/rear sway bar
SA3R 16x7.5
OEM CTR 15'
OEM dc2-r 16'

ENJOY THE PICS

Once upon recieving i noticed the paint was oxidized so i decided to make the drop off at the paint shop where i work at.
Picture130.jpg

After unloading started pulling little dings/dents i can find, and primed the ENTIRE car. Guide coat applied ready for wet sanding

Picture053.jpg

Picture051.jpg

Picture050.jpg

After wet sanding time to cut in the door's, interior, and jambs

16.jpg

15.jpg

14.jpg

FED-EX came and dropped new parts for the EK9 yayy :clap:

IMG_0263.jpg

Car is ready to get shot/ rolled into the paint booth and started shooting, sorry not enough pics since i was more concetrated on shooting the car lol

IMG_0291.jpg

Me!
Picture088.jpg

Clear coated/assembly time

smallone1.jpg

IMG_0381.jpg

Everything goes back in :nice:

IMG_0299.jpg

IMG_0319.jpg

Motor work/ swapped in.

Picture091.jpg

Lets go for the J's racing valve cover shall we?
lilshit.jpg

IMG_0356.jpg

IMG_0355.jpg

Picture116.jpg

Almost/ Final
IMG00043.jpg

IMG00045.jpg

Once out photo shoot.

jeff6.jpg

jeff5.jpg

jeff17.jpg

jeff15.jpg

jeff16.jpg

jeff18.jpg

Sorry some pictures got cuts i had over 100 photo's on here so i just randomly deleted em.. Well thanks for looking

amazing car thanks for sharing
if your in america why use a rhd car? with all the work you have done surely you could have converted it to lhd?

amazing car thanks for sharing
if your in america why use a rhd car? with all the work you have done surely you could have converted it to lhd?

Just wanted to be different from the other cars here everyone here is LHD but just want to be authentic

Pretty impressive build, mind if i ask how much that carbon piece was from memoryfab? I don't want to call them just for that lol.

very impressive! car looks mint! did you just import a bare shell from japan?

Nice project!!!

but whats coming out of the rear tail light shownin this pic???
IMG00045.jpg

bcuz im a little confused!

do you mind me asking what the whoel conversions cost you?

Think they`re fuel pump cut off switches and something else. Used when racing and in the event of an accident the fuel pump can be manually turned off to stop fuel being pushed through which could cause a big bang if the accident was bad enough or there was a fire or something.

Nice project!!!

but whats coming out of the rear tail light shownin this pic???
IMG00045.jpg

bcuz im a little confused!

do you mind me asking what the whoel conversions cost you?

Yea no problem, those two plugs coming out of the tail light is a battery post terminal. Since i tucked all my wires and my battery, since im running 4 door handles (no key hole) i have keyless entry system. Due to the case if the battery die's on me i can recharge my battery by just jumping those two plus with out popping my hood. I do have a emergency kill switch is located in the car. The whole motor conversion??? I really dont know a buddy of mines just told me to dive in it and not to worry about the price. So i did.

What a amazing project really, congratulations! your build is my "dream" build.

Do you have any videos?

Back