EK9 + BC Racing Coilovers

DV8

Donator
Donator
VIP Member
Got my new coilovers fitted on Friday. Gotta say they are awesome, had them set up for fast road with custom spring rates and dampers (in standard form they are offered with a spring rate of 12/6 which was a bit to hard for me).

Seem really well made and great value for money. Got to give a shout out to Apex performance who sold them for all the help in choosing the right set-up and getting them to me so quickly (around a weeks turnaround time for a custom set-up :nice:)

Had a few days to test em out and they are a vast improvement over the standard set up (even in my close to standard set up). Really good ride quality and dampening on bad roads. :nice:

Some pics:
P2151071.jpg

P2151074.jpg

P2151085.jpg

P2151068.jpg

Last edited:
Damn that looks great!! Are those Advan RG wheels? What size are they?

niiiiiiiiiiiice, looks spot on stance wise with those wheels :nice:

what spring rates you go for? my BC coilovers with 12/8k rates are indeed pretty harsh even with the damping wound back :shocked: (although mega fun, makes you feel you're in a little race car, lol)

niiiiiiiiiiiice, looks spot on stance wise with those wheels :nice:

what spring rates you go for? my BC coilovers with 12/8k rates are indeed pretty harsh even with the damping wound back :shocked: (although mega fun, makes you feel you're in a little race car, lol)

Cheers dude. They're BC Racing not Buddyclub ;).

I went for 6/4 to get something similar to superstreet's/standard but with the ride height adjust at the bottom instead of on the spring perch.

Last edited:
haha yeah i was a bit puzzled at the adjusters :p

You say you had them set-up for "fast road", you got camber arms on the car?

Your car looks awesome love those wheel, looks just wright with the drop:nice:

they seem to be quality coilovers! I have found them in similar prices as buddyclub +N. Keep us posted!

looks great,

some one was telling me about the bc racing stuff the other day, that he had seen good reviews,

keep us updated on how you get on with them:nice:

I havent heard of the BC Racing yet. Do you have pix of the coilovers itself?

Cheers for the comments guys :D

haha yeah i was a bit puzzled at the adjusters :p

You say you had them set-up for "fast road", you got camber arms on the car?

Not yet, but they are on the list as the rear camber is a bit out after being set so low.

looks great,

some one was telling me about the bc racing stuff the other day, that he had seen good reviews,

keep us updated on how you get on with them:nice:

Yeh seen a few good reviews various forums, theres also a vid showing the different levels of damper adjust in action on a scooby:

YouTube - suspension fitted.wmv

I havent heard of the BC Racing yet. Do you have pix of the coilovers itself?

Didn't have time to take a pic before I fitted them. They are essentially these with different top and bottom mounts:

br-series-group.jpg

Pic on the car (bit dirty from where I washed the wheels :nerv:):
P2151065.jpg

Last edited:
BC Racing = Megan Racing = APEXi

Are they good coilovers? Yes they are :)

They are the best coilovers to come out of Taiwan, period. If you are after a set of budget coilovers, these are the ones to get.

Looks awesome! Your car looks exactly like mine... lol.

CW with 16" RGs too :)

looks great on those coilovers mate!

do the company you bought them from make theyre own coilovers mate? on of the lads on ycuk has some apex coilovers on his yaris

Probably confusing APEX Performance (an importer/retailer) with APEXi (a manufacturer) - Apex'i

Back