toda manifold

olly ek9

Track Nut
Donator
bought this one from Livvy, quick service and awesome piece of kit exactly as described :nice::nice: thanks

:nice:
nice quality,,

DSC00631.jpg

DSC00632.jpg

DSC00633.jpg

DSC00634.jpg

DSC00635.jpg

DSC00642.jpg

after a quick run nice and gold!! :drive::drive:

DSC00647.jpg

heat proofed my sump with some heat reflective matting and some flue tape,

DSC00643.jpg

DSC00640.jpg

DSC00639.jpg

seem to of gained a bit of midrange and revs ,uch more smoothley, this in combination with my spoon flywheel i fitted last week has made an awesome difference to teh midrange drivability of teh car, vtec step is not so pronounced so must be makingmore power before she switches over,, need to get dyno`ed sometime soon, :nice:

Last edited:
This was i first choice header until i came across SMSP. Still hold top choice in my book!
Nice purchase!

This was i first choice header until i came across SMSP. Still hold top choice in my book!
Nice purchase!

problem with SMSP and other tri Y headers is you need to remove the type R block brace, :((

Nice purchase!
SMSP does not make a B16B header, last time i contacted him he said to buy a Toda as it was the best!

problem with SMSP and other tri Y headers is you need to remove the type R block brace, :((
correct.

Nope!
I believe it's only for the '96 Spec ITR's.

they all use the same block and brace. there are some variations, i heard some of the newer versions clear the brace... who knows.

anyhow lets not all forget longtube headers such as RFM/SMSP/Hytech do not benefit short stroke engines like the b16b, now if you stroke it out to a 1.8 or 2.0 thats another story, but in stock stroke configuration nothing is better than TODA!

Do you really need to heat proof the sump? What are the benifits?

Do you really need to heat proof the sump? What are the benifits?

just to help stop the radiant heat from the manifold heating the sump oil especially when the car is standing,

the standard downpipe is twinwall so effectively has its own heatsheild,

spoon heatproof the sump in this way so thought why not :nice::nice::nice:

:drive::drive::drive:

Nice bit of kit ! Simply the best, good idea to heatproof the sump. Love the welding on the toda mani looks the don. Is there a noticable difference in the exhuast note ?

I guess I'll add that to my list of to do's

OR I could just heat wrap my Mugen manifold aye? Just as effective.

looking good, i think i may borrow your idea on the sump, what did you use to stick it, normal alu tape?

looking good, i think i may borrow your idea on the sump, what did you use to stick it, normal alu tape?

got some heat matting, cut it to shape, alu taped teh edges so it wouldnt fray, then put some RTV silicone on the back, stuck it to the sump with alu tape around the edges :nice: :nice:

exhaust note is slightly deeper throughout the rev range and sounds more JDM if you know what i mean, :nice: :nice:

got some heat matting, cut it to shape, alu taped teh edges so it wouldnt fray, then put some RTV silicone on the back, stuck it to the sump with alu tape around the edges :nice: :nice:

exhaust note is slightly deeper throughout the rev range and sounds more JDM if you know what i mean, :nice: :nice:

gd idea i have a load of heat matt and alu tape left over, will do the same!:nice:

yeah i always have some in the workshop so thought why not stick some on

Back