Our ring trip!

jesse888

Ek9+Turbo+Nurburgring= Heaven
Staff member
Donator
Me and mattek9 just got back from our ring trip. Had great fun and met up with jay-k on here aswell.
Got afew videos and photos to post in here so wil keep updating as I upload them lol
First things first the fastest laps.
Mine 8:31

ek9 civic type r 8:31BTG nurburgring 19/08/2013 - YouTube

Matts 8:51
Matt doesn't benefit from having a go pro like I do so its harder for him to learn his mistakes. Still pretty rapid lap and still b16b!

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=hJ9aEFvgGxE&feature=plcp

Some pictures from frozenspeed(Matt feel free to upload any pictures into here, unless you got one of me asleep or something)

To come

Overall great fun had, weather was fairly decent, only alittle rain on Sunday which meant empty track once it had dried up!
my little oil puffs are now alittle bigger oil puffs lol will get this sorted soon maybe rebuild the head with new cams?

Last edited:
Great bit of driving there!! and very good times also, you attacked the corners well by the looks of things!

That's an impressive lap and time to go with it. you definitely seem confident with the track and your car.

Car appears to grip very well in the bends as well! Looks like a lot of fun....

The cars are epic fun. The way we've set them up is perfect! Although I'd like alittle more grip on turn in, matts seems to hold a sharp turn alittle better than mine will, this could be my driving though. Needs more power now! We are both flat for most of the lap lol im holding it off the limiter twice in that video 8.5k in 5th lol

Cheers for starting this Jesse I will try and post up some photos tonight still got a few bits to pack away. Thanks again for the loan of the GoPro one day ill get my own.

There is a great photo of you on facebook but I wont post it up ;)

Haha we'll leave that on Facebook, I think I got Alex gs pulling a face on video aswell lol

great first video and will watch the other later. nice driving and the car looks like its handling well, 5minutes in and shes screaming :nice:

what was your top speed on the track?

That's really good driving and you seem to have loads of confidence in the car when your pushing it like that around one the toughest tracks.

Thanks guys,
after about 5 laps each we started really hammering them round and going flat in places we didnt think was possible, our first laps where alittle sketchy both of us nearly crashed! the top speed with m factories gear calculator says max speed in 5th is 140 i have 4.9fd but this is the first time I've had to back off in 5th.

Last edited:
Solid lap. Car looks very well planted

How many laps have you done in total round the ring?

Very good driving! :)

Is that tire noise I hear or is that a supercharger?

Total laps is now 24. 10 in an s2000 and 14 in the ek9.
Its either the tyres (r888) or the final drive your hearing at really high speeds.

Really good driving from both! I'd love to go over at some point but with my car topping out at 125ish, another gearbox would be needed for the trip.

Yeah that's way to short for this track, mines alittle too short for the b18, on a b16b it would work out perfect I think. I need matts gearbox (4.7 s4c) and he needs mine for this track.

Will check the videos out when i get home mate. Was good to catch up with you guys, was nicely suprised when i turned up into the hotel car park and there were 2 EK9s and a few tegs already parked up :)

Yeah we was surprised to see you pull in aswell, bet your brother can't wait to get going in the 9 now!

Just watched your lap mate, real nice. Without traffic you'll be 10 seconds quicker I reckon. Just having a car infront slows you down.

She's got a lot of grip. What suspension you running? S80 box on stock ratios?

Makes me what to order some mods for the EK lol.

Yeah my brother did a lap and loved it, he can't wait to get in it :)

I'm on Meister r zeta r's front was on almost full damping and I wanted abit more spring rate really but they are really good for the money you pay.
I'm using an s4c from an ek9 with mfactory 4.9final drive. Makes the gearing very short but works well as you can see. Maxing out at 140mph

Back