my EK9 on the rollers - video clip with Spoon N1 !

stevenEK9

trackattack
went down to a RR day today at Dastek which was organised through a local Honda site, great turnout with some fine cars including Darrens EK9 off here :nice:

my EK9 managed 191.4bhp @ 8778rpm :wow: which is a tad more than stock which is pleasing, made 160bhp at the wheels. the guy running the car said it was running very well too so overall chuffed

Performance wise has
-Spoon engine mounts with the lower torque mounts silicon filled for extra stiffness
-AC removed
-Spoon direct flow intake elbow
-Trust panel filter
-Fujitsubo 4-2-1 manifold
-Spoon B-pipe
-Spoon N1

here's a vid of it, got note? :D

YouTube - civic ek9 dyno run - Spoon N1 note-age!

Thats brilliant result for an ek9 with them mods. You must be delighted! Im goin back to an OEM Airbox with Spoon Direct Airflow pipe. How do you find it? Whats the trust panel filter like. What torque did you get? Congrats man!

cheers man, yeah VERY happy :)

torque was 116.8 lbft @ 8162 rpm

the Trust panel filter was fitted when the car came over from Japan so not sure about that, looks very well made though....

the intake elbow i fitted with the N1/b-pipe so again not sure about it on it's own..... although car pulls better than when i had the stock airbox/HKS exhaust setup :)

Last edited:
Very nice results! Congrats; Looks great! :nice: Where was this Dastek place then?

I use a trust panel filter, it's great for £20, as good as KN anyway.

100_3924.jpg

Love the noise but the vtec kick isn't as noticeable as I thought it'd be with the Spoon N1, it's really smooth infact!! :nice: and 160bhp at the wheels is superb.

Last edited:
150lb torque? What have you dont to the car?

sorry me being a noob, my dyno was in Nm:D

I need to get another one booked as I've changed the whole exhaust system since last time.

Looks awesome at that ride height m8, nice power from those mods too :)

cheers man, yeah think it's sitting spot on at this height, the ride is spot on, handles VERY good and no problems at all even with a full car of people :)

Nice results mate and ur 9 looks gorgeous. Ur wheels are spotless, where did u get them refurbed? Also what suspension have you got?

Nice results mate and ur 9 looks gorgeous. Ur wheels are spotless, where did u get them refurbed? Also what suspension have you got?

wheels were refurbed prior to picking the car up by the importers, they were done at MRM coachworks in Edinburgh :)

Suspension is Tein Superstreet coilovers with the optional pillow top mounts :D

Back