My EK9 on its way from Japan

stevenEK9

trackattack
it's a 1998 pre facelift model EK9 civic type R, only 37k miles (52k km) , no accident history at all and pretty mint condition! only mods are 4-2-1 manifold, aftermarket air filter, cat back exhaust and spoon style wing mirrors. plans will be to get a standard airbox back on there, the guys that are importing it have got a full set of side and rear civic type R stickers (for sme reason the guy in Japan had taken them off), some standard wing mirrors and of course some JDM oem wind deflectors :D

the company that is importing the car is www.privateimports.co.uk down in Edinburgh, and from their service so far i would highly reccomend them for importing!!!

it's currently on its way over from Japan at the moment but i'm hoping to go down to pick the car up on my 20th birthday (july 13th). but anyway here's some pics :nice:

1-435214-36_1.jpg

1-435214-36_4.jpg

1-435214-36_6.jpg

1-435214-36_7.jpg

Nice car matey bet you cant wait to get it eh :p, its the 1st pre facelift ive seen with a facelift steering wheel, my cars a 98 but has the pre-facelift wheel

wow nice car! congratulations, you will love your ek9! :bow:

the guy didn't take out the civic type r stickers, it was and option when you buy it from honda the dealer in japan, :) the owner asked for no sitkcers hehehe :)

yeah there's no such thing as a "pre facelift steering wheel" the momo 358mm srs steering wheel was a feature of the ek9 when it was released!

i just can't wait to get it!!!!!

Why the hell did i think you said your car was a 97??? thats why i said about the wheel no 97 has that steering wheel

Pre Facelift Non Airbag Momo Wheel -

wheelvd0.jpg

Facelift Momo With Airbag -

300320071443.jpg

Not sure what the story is with them but i know in late 98 and 99 cars etc they got the airbags, different wheel etc

Anyways mate gets some pics up when you get it (hopefully on your birthday) and good luck with it too, stunning car :D

steering wheel doest matter lot of 99-00 ek9s have the non air bag,air bag is optional in all ek9s

Neo said:
Anyways mate gets some pics up when you get it (hopefully on your birthday) and good luck with it too, stunning car :D

oh there will be plenty of pics! :D

No_Fear said:
steering wheel doest matter lot of 99-00 ek9s have the non air bag,air bag is optional in all ek9s

Yeah mines no airbags :D

My 99 spec has an airbag, I like the look of the NON air bag one a lot better... but hey, my **** has it so I ain't removing. :)

just heard back from the guys that are importing the car, they've sourced some mint original ek9 wing mirrors to put on the car for me :D

oh man i can't wait to get the car :nerv:

just heard back from the guys that are importing the car, they've sourced some mint original ek9 wing mirrors to put on the car for me :D

oh man i can't wait to get the car :nerv:

I know what you feel! i waited for mine 6 months! in how many days you'll get it? :nerv:

not got an exact time or date yet, think it's just about the start of July. so thats about 10 weeks to go now (70 days) :nerv: :D

from aberdeen eh.. here mate your only 19 and ur getting an EK9!? prepare to being out your ass for insurance lmao! Nice tho! shame its private imports thats getting it :S i cud of got one for ya an i only live 25mins away lol!

Looks nice tho. And also for the record thats a facelift steering wheel you gots there as the one with the airbag never got designed until the late 98 early 99 (i.e facelift) time.

Cheers
-Mint

p.s. I expect you to turn up to TUNEDaberdeen meets! we get wad loads of honda's goes to it now chief!!!

screw waiting im gunna get one in uk, or one that has just been imported to UK, screw waiting months i would go curly cookoo! LOL

Back