Fastest EK9 in the UK ;-) + Video!

EK9turbo

its a rush!
though id post up some new pics, car wash washed the day before so its not spotless but pretty clean none the less. Hope you all like.

Pictures dont do the engine bay justice. The cam cover is OEM not pink. D'oh
Got all new emblems ready to fit but just struggling for time:(

Video:

YouTube - ek9

Looking Awesome man:nice: What does she drive like now compared to when she was stock/ n/a? Must be a real savage beast

I can confirm this is indeed rapid:D

Pitty it was really dirty when you got to see it/experience it.

Hey Tim, what did you think to the sound and accelleration when I turned around and pulled away from you outside GT-Tires??its gripping great in 1st gear now with new stickies btw

It sounds absolutely awesome mate, I loved it. I've never been pushed back in my seat like that before. Also love the 'pop' just at about 5000RPM, then it all goes mental:D

Oh did you notice a guy in a van waving at us (or you) coming from the other direction as we were heading back?

How did the Twinloop sound btw, if you heard it?:D

Oh did you notice a guy in a van waving at us (or you) coming from the other direction as we were heading back?

How did the Twinloop sound btw, if you heard it?:D

Heheh I did a quarter of a tank in the short time I was showing it you. lol.
Dont recall the guy in the white van... probly trying to tell me I had my lights on

The Mugen sounded mint mate. Its the most refined exhaust in my opinion, Then at high revs on the motorway the thing was just singing! Definitely my favourite box :nice: Your car looked super-clean with it too.

BTW. What you were asking about oil usage...mines used about 200ml of oil in the past 1000 miles of driving. Im getting 150-200miles per tank depending how i use it. If I WAS ON-BOOST EVERWHERE (I.E. suicidal) then itd work-out at about 80 miles per tank down to reserve.

Basically it's just burning the Silkolene 5w40 Pro S, approx 1 litre to 1500 miles.

I've got some Castrol 10w40 semi-synth and a HAMP filter ready for the next oil change. If this doesn't cure the problem then I'll know it's something more serious like piston rings, it definitely isn't leaking from anywhere.

It seems I'm not alone though. I've seen 2 separate cases where people aren't happy with the Silkolene consumption, and have switched back to a semi-synth 10w40.

Every engine is different though, some engines are on 150k miles and don't burn a drop! I suspect yours doesn't burn that much as you're not using the revs like I do. I'm not sure how long your turbo would last with my driving style:D

Basically it's just burning the Silkolene 5w40 Pro S, approx 1 litre to 1500 miles.

I've got some Castrol 10w40 semi-synth and a HAMP filter ready for the next oil change. If this doesn't cure the problem then I'll know it's something more serious like piston rings, it definitely isn't leaking from anywhere.

Is that Castrol GTX? that's what i use, 2k miles since last oil change and lots of hard driving and car hasn't used a single drop :D

nice car though! bet it is RAPID :wow::win:

Man, I give you credits for keeping it and making it look Stock N/A. It'll scare the **** out of everyone... lol

Very nice work mate! I bet it sounds like a monster!

A proper little sleeper:D I reckon it would put alot of big hp cars to shame.

Is that Castrol GTX? that's what i use, 2k miles since last oil change and lots of hard driving and car hasn't used a single drop :D

Yup, GTX. You had similar issues with Silkolene then?

wow nice car :wow: how many hp? :nerv:

352.8hp at 11psi but as sandwiches can confirm, it boost-creeps to 14-15psi Ill know what hp its making at that pressure definitively when I take it back to be fine-tuned for high-boost in the very good hands of Dan Turner of advancedmotorsport and engineering.:nice:

But to give you an idea, the same spec block time and time again (lots of dynos to show this) makes around 320hp at 10psi and 450+ at 14psi where just the block is done. My build made 352.8@11psi so who knows.. Id be pretty confident to bet money on over 450hp at the moment. Ill findout soon enough:drive:

Thanks. What weight oil is the GTX 10W-40? your using?

Back