My EK9 On the Nurburgring 2011

NeilVtec

Just got back from my trip to Heaven. Was a great holiday even though i only got Saturday evening & Sunday on track!. Had a little oopsie with cold tyres on my third lap on sunday but it didn't cost me anything luckily :bow:

Here's a few pics and a video (sorry for shakey camera.... Its an iphone4 on a tomtom dock!)

Best lap i got was 8:48 (in the video) as you can see i was held up a couple of times and not going as fast i could, Had great fun with that Alfa! :)

I had two laps on my own where i was flying but got yellow flags on both of them so the times weren't very good, think it was an 8:50 and a 8:55! Still happy to have beaten last years 9:30 though!

Also met TAZ YEH from Federal Tyres, Ill add a picture when i get home (they are on my laptop) Who was great to talk to and was surprised to see me using the FZ-201 Semi slick as i was the only person there other than them doing testing who was using them :)

Anyway.... On with the pictures! i will add more later on :)

YouTube - ‪Honda Civic EK9 Nurburgring Nordschleife 8:48 BTG On Board‬‏

Nur2.jpg

Nur1.jpg

Nur11.jpg

And My Personal Favourite.......

neil_phipps2.jpg

:D :D :D

Cant wait to go back again!!!!

Last edited:
Cracking pics love the one coming out on the mini karosel on 2 wheels

looks like you had an awesome trip! love the two wheel shot! :bow:

Great pics, thank you for sharing! You are now an official member of the 2 wheel driving club!

Yeaaaaaahh.. Im goin in 2weeks cant wait..were did you get the pics from? Who took them...anything i should know before i go? I could learn from your mistakes if any?

Only a bit of advise really.........

Don't go in too hot when you tyres are cold!!
if you don't know the corner take it slowly
Don't let your ambition get over your ability...
Keep an eye on your mirrors and generally be very aware of your surroundings!
and more than anything just be careful and have fun!! Let faster cars pass by indicating left & moving over to the left.

If its your first time watch this helpful video...

Your first lap of the Nurburgring

:nice: Great website for extra info too!

I just found the pics on the internet, Plenty of websites! Just google when you get home "nurburgring photos 29 05 2011" or whatever date you are there! Hope you have fun mate, really is my favorite place, once you leave you will be counting down the days until you are back!

Cheers for the comments! Glad to be a member of the 2wheel club :p haha Cant wait to get back there again :)

Last edited:
Cool tanx..ive been flat out on the playstation and youtube...tanx for the advice..looking forward even to the road trip.we are from dublin..

will be one hell of a drive! it will be awesome !!!!
The playstation / xbox and youtube are great pre-ring prep! Just becuase you know which corners get tighter half way around etc !! i killed the nurbrugring on forza in a similar spec car to mine before going last year and it helped no end! Just remember it matters if you go wrong in real life :p haha

If your car scrapes at all as it is, or you have low manifold clearance i would raise your car a smidge before going as you don't want to damage anything on the karusell! :)

Awesome!
Takes balls to drive quickly round the ring, thats for sure ;)

Just remember it matters if you go wrong in real life :p haha

:D, i dont think anyone has ever come back from the ring disappointed, it seems to be a place were we all need to visit some time as everyone who has been loves it...

Looks class Neil. I think I need to pluck up the courage to get out there myself :D

Nice driving ! I am so jealous i want to go at Nurburgring too :(

How did you find the tyres? I was going to get them a while back until the prices went up. Used to be £340 a set of 195/50/15's. You b18c'd up?

Awesome, love the 2 wheel shot :nice:

REALLY can't wait to get over there even more now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Someone is absolutely on it! Nice video nice lap and sweet pics!

Back