Knockhill SIDC trackday 19th March

stevenEK9

trackattack
Was down at knockhill with the car yesterday........

About 2 hours in i had to call it a day as the car developed a bad missfire under load :angry2: looks like a dud ignition coil or amplifier. prior to that though it was going well, passing exiges / RS6 / race mini coopers / imprezzas etc etc

In car footage from the second session out -> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5i3nNNwbPiY

Here's some pics though, funny how little roll there is with the new suspension :nice:

edit31278x855.jpg

SIDC0431.jpg

SIDC0457.jpg

SIDC0580.jpg

SIDC0586.jpg

Last edited:
Pictures look great mate, that was a shame u had to call it a day after a while,hope all gets sorted:) car looks stunning mate cant wait to get a chance to c it in the flesh ;)

Was going to head up mate thinking it was on all day but couldnt b assd seing it finished at 1...

What times were you runing? How did you find the brake setup on track?

Gutted you only managed 2hrs man, hope its an easy fix buddy!!

really good pictures gutted for you about having to fix the car :(
how does the car feel after the remap on track then ?

Best i got was 62s, potential for 60/61 easy if i could have got some more laps in :((

Was chuffed how it faired against other cars! passing exiges / mates 500bhp RS6 / supercharged saxo / subarus etc. mostly due to cornering speeds but the short gears certainly helped a bit on the straights

car feels great after the map, hopefully get the electrics sorted pronto

i love your car steven, really is stunning

very good times too, would be very competative in the n/a club class of time attack i would imagine, as there were quite a few cars in that coming in well over 1 minute

what tyres were you using?

quality mate, was gonna head up as well wish i did now lol, the car will be back on track in no time man ;)

cheers :)

running 2g r888. refitted the old ICM, car is back to health pulling like a train

added a video to the first post :nice:

Last edited:
You car looks so good on the track in the pics and the vid Steve :nice:

The gear ratios sound very suited to the circuit aswell and you passed everything that you came up behind and they were not slow cars

I'm sure you really enjoyed trying all of the improved parts on the track!

Looking forward to doing the same myself when the box is rebuilt, got the rebuild kit from syncrotech on friday and got the diff bearings, master & slave cylinder from autodynamics so just waiting on the final important bits

looks amazing in the video mate glad it is fixed and is back to normal :nice:

Last edited:
Looks really good mate, car seems really composed and great track

What a weapon!

Sounds the nuts and goes like it too! :wow:

You obviously know the car and track like the back of your hand now, which makes up for some bloody quick driving.

What is the rev limiter on this now, and what sort of oil temp peaks do you on track?

Josh..

thumps up! mate a proper race car like these we watch at Japanese n1 races without the stickers ... so mint !!

Rapidddd :) One of the best 9's i've ever seen. Perfect condition.

Cheers guys!! :)

Even on R888 i'm sure the car is capable of a 60s lap, noticed in the vid i'm letting the car coast before braking in a couple places - mostly coming into the hairpin, hopefully get back down in may for another trackday

What is the rev limiter on this now, and what sort of oil temp peaks do you on track?

Limiter is somewhere over 9k, going by the RR printouts from the map about 9.1k, no need to rev it that high though

Oil temps were peaking at 109deg after 10mins, water temp never budged above 80deg :nice:

The gear ratios sound very suited to the circuit aswell and you passed everything that you came up behind and they were not slow cars

I'm sure you really enjoyed trying all of the improved parts on the track!

Looking forward to doing the same myself when the box is rebuilt, got the rebuild kit from syncrotech on friday and got the diff bearings, master & slave cylinder from autodynamics so just waiting on the final important bits

Good news! You will seriously love the gearing, pinging through the gears is just amazing

Yeah i really enjoyed it, spent alot of time over the last week tweaking the wheel alignment getting it perfect and it payed off, tyre wear wasn't really that bad even with -4.5 camber up front haha

Back