ek9 from scotland

elv1

hi guys just bought ma ek9 on saturday so thought i would post some pics but seem to be having probs posting is there any chance someone could help thanks

spec so far , 17 Inch INVO Alloys, TEIN Coilover Suspension with Variable Ride & Height Adjustments, KOYO Steel Radiator, FEEL's Induction Unit, FEEL's Four Branch Manifold, Kakimoto Stainless Steel Exhaust System, Nology Uprated Plug Leads, Earth Kit

17" alloys on an EK9 makes me cry.

Are your pics uploaded anywhere or are they still on your computer? If they're online, simply stick IMG tags around the URL. eg:

img]

Welcome dude. Were you the member that posted up pics on the dc2 forum of your 9 along side your mates teg?

I saw this car for sale on pistonheads, i was thinking that too ^^^ about the facelift conversion..

17" wheels wont be good for handling but i do like the look of them, the car seems to sit well on them. I would be tempted buy some original wheels aswel, to feel how an ek9 is supposed to handle..

Not too sure about the look of the exhaust but i recall hearing good things about kakimoto.

I saw this car for sale on pistonheads, i was thinking that too ^^^ about the facelift conversion..

17" wheels wont be good for handling but i do like the look of them, the car seems to sit well on them. I would be tempted buy some original wheels aswel, to feel how an ek9 is supposed to handle..

Not too sure about the look of the exhaust but i recall hearing good things about kakimoto.

hmm face lift on a R plate. most people do that to a vti not a ek9. i do like the look of the wheels very much but they are a bit big. if they were 15s car would be perfect bud. where abouts in scotland u live. ok and yes thats a good exhaust u have

I have 17" steel wheels and handling really sucks especially when you take tight corners at 120+ km/h with full throttle etc the steering wheel becomes so ****ing heavy... :angry: And don't forget about all that acceleration you loose and the decrease in brakes performance!
Hey craig, you shouldn't be tempted spending your money buying the OEM wheels, instead you should save some more money and get some really lightweight and of good quality rims(i.e Rays which I had) and then you will see how EK9 is supposed to handle....:D
Btw, I'm running this Kamimoto exhaust and is very loud without the silincer, but putting it in I loose noticable torque(from 100mm to 45mm pipe) so I'm gonna buy a Mugen twin loop after Christmas as is the only way to keep power and find some piece from police!! :nono:

the facelift front end was on the car when it came from japan so i had know part in that as for the wheels i like them on the car and yes it ma take a bit of the handling away from the car thats fine as am not going to be driving it like its stolen plus putting 15's or 16's on seems to me most folk seem to all go for the same wheels cheers for the comments

Whats the diameter on that exhaust? Looks like a canon. Car looks tidy, agree alloys are too big tho.

dont know mate but when it gets to 6000rpm its like hell has just opened up lol. alot of folk are saying about the wheels i was looking into smaller wheels for every day use but not sure its all down to personal choice a guess

dont know mate but when it gets to 6000rpm its like hell has just opened up lol. alot of folk are saying about the wheels i was looking into smaller wheels for every day use but not sure its all down to personal choice a guess

thats rite about the wheels mate. cos if we all liked the same thing all ek9's would look the same. i like the wheels very much im just into my 15's but if u like them thats the main thing lookin good if u ask me

you'd be surprised the difference a smaller set of wheels would do to both performance and handling, looks good all the same.

ManosEK9..
the lighter the wheels, the better obviously, but i was thinking more in comparison to the 17's that are on now. The stock wheels are by no means bad though.. :D

definatly like the look of the invos, even if they aint the greatest for performance.. :)

Back