leeK9

derpity derp
Donator
new pics of exhaust fitted post 43

i just quoted this from my progress thread on my local car forum

hohoho merry wednesday

not going to tell the whole story yet

but i will let slip one little item that i aquired yesterday

a J's Racing 60RS titanium cat back exhaust system bt:)

and holy shite the thing is light, its actually unbelievable, you could bolt the axle back and the B pipe together and easily hold it with one arm stretched out and not even strain to keep it up,

i know that the backbox design looks pretty wank to most and i admit that i dont think it looks the best either, but always wanted one and from being out for a spirited drive on one of those private roads i keep stumbling upon it sounds so full of WIN!!!!!!

tapping it with my finer on the way home you would think you could crush it like a coke can, makes the same sort of ping

the bends and welding are works of titanium art

here some pics of the system

Js-Racing60RS.jpg

Js-axleback.jpg

4251d265.jpg

here it is being modelled by loaf the big bender! lol
Js-Bpipe.jpg

so seeing as apparently i race with no shoes on i thought i had better weigh the exhaust just to see how much weight i shed from my modified pro racer A spec made by 5zigen

here is the weight of the J's axle back alone.

Js-axleBF.jpg

just a touch under 5lb

Js-B-pipe-1.jpg

here is the weight of the one piece J's B pipe.

Js-B-pipeF.jpg

bang on 5lb

Js-B-pipe.jpg

and here is the weight of just the 5zigen axle back alone.

5Zigen-axleBF.jpg

a little bit over 10lb!!!!!

5Zigen-axleB.jpg

and was just out there now and weighed the 5Zigen B pipe and it was a little over 17lb!!!!!

so ive shed over 18lb off the weight of my exhaust alone

more parts in the garage but ill post up pics next week when i get all everything sorted and bolted in

;)

Last edited:
Lovely exhaust man, I'd have to chop that droopy bit off the end of the tailpipe though!!

That's amazingly light! I'm really surprised at the weight difference, what is the exhaust like when driving, I imagine it's pretty loud.

I hate you lol.... was trying to buy this but you got in there before me!!! Leathal exhaust....

It's actually quiet compared to my old 5zigen

it's sound absolutly awesome when hitting 9000rpm on the inside

probably is pretty loud on the outside

Hate the backbox tailpiece to be honest but it's like that to stop flames melting the rear bumper

yea sorry but with my new parts sitting in my garage ready to be fitted she needs to be breathing easy to make the best power

plus there can't be many of these systems in Ireland and this is the first I've seen for sale in Ireland in the 2 years I've had my ek9

wouldnt trust a courier to post it tbh

Looks awesome, I love the downward pointy tail-pipe. I wonder if it's as loud as my Kakimoto :D

Looks awesome, I love the downward pointy tail-pipe. I wonder if it's as loud as my Kakimoto :D
not to my taste but im not going to start cutting pieces of a titanium exhaust lol

i cant get over how awesome it sounds on the inside

:woot:

your car is just getting better and better, my bro has this system on his dc2 sounds amazing from the outside!!

I personally love the look of this exhaust, but just not sure if i would have it on my own car.....

Incredible weight loss there, very nice.

thanks dan, its actually very quiet when your driving normally. doesn't drone at all

your car is just getting better and better, my bro has this system on his dc2 sounds amazing from the outside!!

i really should put up my full progress thread on here

but i cant be arsed

its pretty heavy

good buy mate, should stic up a couple vids to hear it in action :D

im glad you are happy with it leek9 is probly the best exhaust i seen and the sound is amazing when hit vtec i had it on my integra aswel i had 2 buy it again for the ek9 but is a pitty i had 2 let it go enjoy it.

will make a few video's when she is uprated lol

heres a quick pic guys and girls

i think some of you can guess

cfdefc02.jpg

Nice work lad and loving the J's exhaust esp the lightness of it. I was very impressed with the weight of my spoon n1 backbox and should of weighed it before fitting but spoon state that the n1 backbox weighs 3.5kg!!

Whats the spec on the new head? Looks promising:naughty:

Nice work lad and loving the J's exhaust esp the lightness of it. I was very impressed with the weight of my spoon n1 backbox and should of weighed it before fitting but spoon state that the n1 backbox weighs 3.5kg!!

Whats the spec on the new head? Looks promising:naughty:

would be doubtfull that it weighs that little as it stainless steel

fully rebuilt head
toda spec B in & ex
toda valve spring
toda cam pulleys
spoon sports polished rocker arms
and a green cover lol

Last edited:
would be doubtfull that it weighs that little as it stainless steel

fully rebuilt head
toda spec B in & ex
toda valve spring
toda cam pulleys
spoon sports polished rocker arms
and a green cover lol

Its on the spoon site weighing 7.9lbs and to be honest I am more than sure its that light. The spoon n1 is a tiny sized back box and thin stainless steel is quite light. You could hold it with your baby finger

Very nice spec on the head, were did you find that? It will make a nice improvement when its mapped:))

Just pulled my Spoon N1 off my EG6 sure it will be the same as the EK9 one, il see if i can find a decent set of scales to weigh it an see

Back