Overrev's Civic Type R

OveRReV

Overrev Tuning
converted to LHD, i would have preferred it to remain RHD to preserve it's originality but blame our government & politicians for passing a stupid law requiring all vehicles imported to the Philippines to be LHD before they can be driven on our roads. :nono: :angry:

anyway we will try to undo most of the damage of the LHD conversion, Honda released the Civic Ferio SiR in the Philippines which is a 4dr sedan with a B16A engine so parts from that car will be a direct bolt on to the EK9 to make a proper LHD conversion.

dsc00131xb4.jpg

dsc00132pl5.jpg

dsc02675cx6.jpg

dsc02676rv4.jpg

dsc02677rq9.jpg

dsc02678cn0.jpg

this is what the car looks like after i got it from the seller, will take new pics later, i currently am rubbing the paint to bring the old shine back, it's not perfect but it's a perfect candidate for a restoration project.

please help me save this marvel of Honda engineering, i need suggestions on what brand suspension bushings (polyurethane) to use as the stock rubber units are starting to crap out. i'm also going out to buy a set of rear brake pads, what do you guys recommend apart from the OEM brake pads? i just want a decent aftermarket brand for the rear as the front is already using Wedsport Blue pads.

i think lhd is a lot better, its more practical :nice:

blinx do u say that cause cause u drive on the other side of the road or do u say that as in its better to drive lhd. sorry if its hard to understand what i just wrote i couldnt come out with anything more understandable :D

i think what he means is it's easier to drive it since we both drive on the opposite lane in RP & USA. :D

i took the car again for a spin just now & there is a high speed corner that i know where i have run the CTR flatout on 3rd gear, this car is awesome! the car didn't even flinch & i can really feel the centrifugal force as i was going through the corner. even though the RE01 rubber is worn to the indicators it still has plenty of grip, i can't wait to fit the new RE001 tires & take this car for some touge driving.

i am now officially in love with this car, the only other vehicle that has excited me this much is my CBR600RR sportbike, first thing i will do is to upgrade the suspension bushings to urethane ones, i will do the engine mods last as i am a corner carver at heart. :nice: :D

nice ctr. i've seen ur car when i was in the phils. i think i saw u around tomas morato or something.

nice ctr. i've seen ur car when i was in the phils. i think i saw u around tomas morato or something.

when was that? i went to a popular machine shop near that area about a couple of weeks ago to drop off a cylinder head for a big valves conversion.

are you pinoy as well? :nice:

kabayan... :) damn... didn't know ctr can go in Philippines now...:shocked: how much did you pay for that car in philippine money? where do you live in Phil.? hope you can drive your car longer, because traffic in phil is the worst....:angry2:

kabayan... :) damn... didn't know ctr can go in Philippines now...:shocked: how much did you pay for that car in philippine money? where do you live in Phil.? hope you can drive your car longer, because traffic in phil is the worst....:angry2:

hey pare! :D so you're a noy-pi as well. :nice:

i bought the CTR for P540th, original asking price was P620th, good thing was i knew the sons of the importer who brought the car in from Japan so the sons spoke to their father on my behalf so he gave the car to our offer, i didn't waste anytime so i withdrawn the money & paid it in cash & drove it home.

the car is now in Rizal in a town just outside Manila, i left the car in my brothers care, he will take care of the other things that will be needed to get the car back up in good running condition. i live in Nueva Ecija in a city 100kms north east of Manila, where do you hail from kabayan? :)

yup. pinoy over here. k, i think its the previous owner that i saw then :p
i haven't been there since 04/05 ish hehe that's what i saw the car. i was like no way! a ctr?? in PI??
my family's from quezon city, but everyone's all scattered now...

yup. pinoy over here. k, i think its the previous owner that i saw then :p
i haven't been there since 04/05 ish hehe that's what i saw the car. i was like no way! a ctr?? in PI??
my family's from quezon city, but everyone's all scattered now...

uhh the car was just imported from Japan & it came into the country around March or April & i am perfectly sure that no one owned the car before me (except for the first owner in Japan) as the disk brake rotors were all rusted over. if it were used locally the rotors would have been shiny at the least. :)

i saw another CTR same color as mine after i dropped the cylinder at the machine shop on my way to Caloocan, most likely it's that car you saw & not mine. :D

beautiful car mate! do you where the conversion to lhd was done? I want one but LHD so I can use it as a daily drive in my country :)

uhh the car was just imported from Japan & it came into the country around March or April & i am perfectly sure that no one owned the car before me (except for the first owner in Japan) as the disk brake rotors were all rusted over. if it were used locally the rotors would have been shiny at the least. :)

i saw another CTR same color as mine after i dropped the cylinder at the machine shop on my way to Caloocan, most likely it's that car you saw & not mine. :D

oh...nevermind :D
2 lhd ctr's in the phils then! sweet!

hey pare! :D so you're a noy-pi as well. :nice:

i bought the CTR for P540th, original asking price was P620th, good thing was i knew the sons of the importer who brought the car in from Japan so the sons spoke to their father on my behalf so he gave the car to our offer, i didn't waste anytime so i withdrawn the money & paid it in cash & drove it home.

the car is now in Rizal in a town just outside Manila, i left the car in my brothers care, he will take care of the other things that will be needed to get the car back up in good running condition. i live in Nueva Ecija in a city 100kms north east of Manila, where do you hail from kabayan? :)

I see... well I live in Sta. Rosa, Laguna!! maybe an hour and a half drive from Manila if its not traffic hehehe! we sold our house there so I only stay in my auntie's place if I visit my hometown :D .... Im in Canada right now, and probably stay here forever....

your so lucky, because you have a real EK9.... I only have an EJ6...because can't afford to buy the real EK9 :(

if I visit philippines again, maybe we can meet ..... :D

P.S. I wonder how many Pinoys are in this forum? maybe we should make a thread....:)

chong anu ba mga kelangan palitan para maging original na LHD? i have an EK3 pero pakiramdam ko mejo panget dn ung conversion eh.. anu ba mga kelangan palitan pti mga mgkano kaya mgagastos ko dun.. tnx dude..

dude coulde you edit your post into english, it would be unfair for our english speaking members, after all this is an international forum. :)

chong anu ba mga kelangan palitan para maging original na LHD? i have an EK3 pero pakiramdam ko mejo panget dn ung conversion eh.. anu ba mga kelangan palitan pti mga mgkano kaya mgagastos ko dun.. tnx dude..

oops another noy-p's here :D.......

anyway I agree with "OveRReV" , U should post it in english.... well its not that hard....:nice: I know we noy-pi's can speak and write English right!?...:clap:

ok that's it!! im gonna make a thread :D

:nerv:

Back