new brake setup.....

stevenEK9

trackattack
well the front discs were looking a bit tired on my EK9 and i also got a small stone stuck in the passenger one which scored the surface badly :( but perfect excuse to upgrade the brakes :D

gone for AP Dixcel plain discs with type-Z carbon pads (fast road use with operating temp 0-850 degrees C :naughty: ) as well as some goodridge braided hoses with the optional stainless fixings :wow:

had some time after uni today so got the discs/pads/front hoses done, should get the rear hoses done and brakes bled sunday so shall update on their performance/more pics.....

bits fitted
002.jpg

random shot of the car
IMG_0511.jpg

Let me know how you get on with the new set up on the road mate as this is the set up im thinking of getting off proracer on the teg forum ,p.s what fitment is the goodridge hoses cos i dont think they list an ek9 ?? let me know mate cheers

nice I am also going to go for some Dixcel brakes.

prob Sloted disc + Z pads.

give us a review with your setup on the 9. :thanks:

nice setup, can you post more info about your pads? I like the working temperature from them! :)

Let me know how you get on with the new set up on the road mate as this is the set up im thinking of getting off proracer on the teg forum ,p.s what fitment is the goodridge hoses cos i dont think they list an ek9 ?? let me know mate cheers

it was proracer that i bought the discs/pads from! very good service with quick delivery, reccomended!

The goodridge hoses are listed as civic 1996-2000 with rear disc brakes :nice:

can't wait to get them finished off and test them out :D

ah.. let me know how you get on with these. Dixon (aka proracer) has been telling me to get these for quite some time now.... need a little convincing really.... :p

it was proracer that i bought the discs/pads from! very good service with quick delivery, reccomended!

The goodridge hoses are listed as civic 1996-2000 with rear disc brakes :nice:

can't wait to get them finished off and test them out :D

cheers mate :nice:

well thats all the hoses on now and the brakes bled through (had to bleed them 5 times through to get ALL the air out but the pedal now feels super solid and lots of feel :D )

stopping power really is awesome, pads need a bit of heat in them to get full power but very consistent feel to them and just constant power, woo! :wow:

Back