Meister R ZETA Coilovers fitted to my EK9...

kaks_EK9Rx

Been busy this weekend (SUNDAY), drove down to Kent to DMS (Dixon Chengs place) to pick up my Meister R Coilovers- Fully adjustable with pillow top mount with SOFT/HARD click settings for dampening. Really happy the customer service of Dixon, advised me on what settings to go for and what dampening to set it on, Nice guy! The reason i chose these coilovers is so many good reviews from mates and other members on itr-dc2.com, itr-dc5.com etc etc

Drove down to Tmus's on here, do get a hand with fitted the coilovers, so so thankful of him, knows his fair share of a decent suspension set-up :dance: we took almost 4 to 5 hours fitting them, as we tweeked the ride height a few times so that the car was sitting perfect, played around with the setting of the dampening aswell so that it glides through the bends and trust me it does, TMUS took my EK9 out around the bends and was very happy with how it grips through the bends (he was running Spoon suspension on his previous EK9), and says these handle better :D , I then tested it, seriously destroys the bends, my bestest MODIFICATION on my EK9 so far, It's hard to explain but can't fault these coilovers but they are very very responsive through corners, they are also so much lighter then OEM EK9 Suspension, could go on forever and forever :drool:

Next up is some decent tyres!

Take in mind i took the picks at 7ish, so pictures arent top notch, but car looks immense in reality now, completely transformed looks and handling wise.

When it was dirty :lol:

jjj002.jpg

jjj003.jpg

Cleaned and how it is sitting now, pretty much perfect!

jjj019.jpg

jjj018.jpg

jjj016.jpg

jjj017.jpg

jjj015.jpg

jjj014.jpg

jjj012.jpg

jjj011.jpg

jjj009.jpg

jjj008.jpg

jjj007.jpg

Sorry for the excess of pics :thanks:

did you get the zeta or the zeta s i have the first kind the zeta and they are amazing i love them for the money like you said you cant fault them

Nice choice on the coilovers! These are what I have lined up once I have done other changes (mounts, braces etc).

Glad you got them and also that they are good on the EK9, which I expected considering the reviews off the DC2 owners!

So in reality how stiff are they, ok for street?

Josh..

Nice pics, it does sit nice now, i'm sure there is plenty more to play around with but atm give them some time to settle down a bit.

I'm surprised at how well these coilovers are, both hand feel quality and material, all looks to be nice. For the price they are very worth it.

Stiffness depends on how hard you set the damping, spring preload.....etc...

as Kaks said, with his setup, it really isn't that stiff, it is firm without being crashy, sharp turn in with good bump absorbing. Very good for street, and probably will be good for some track. as there's a lot of adjustment.

Edit* the only downside i see is reliability, as no one has really ran these long enough yet.

Last edited:
Nice choice on the coilovers! These are what I have lined up once I have done other changes (mounts, braces etc).

Glad you got them and also that they are good on the EK9, which I expected considering the reviews off the DC2 owners!

So in reality how stiff are they, ok for street?

Josh..

Go for them, come down to Bucks and will take you for a SPIN :)

Spring rates on these are 10kgmm front and 8kg/mm rear, which is prefecto for the streets and odd trackday...

But you can ring Dixon up or Meister R and get custom spring rates

Nice pics, it does sit nice now, i'm sure there is plenty more to play around with but atm give them some time to settle down a bit.

I'm surprised at how well these coilovers are, both hand feel quality and material, all looks to be nice. For the price they are very worth it.

Stiffness depends on how hard you set the damping, spring preload.....etc...

as Kaks said, with his setup, it really isn't that stiff, it is firm without being crashy, sharp turn in with good bump absorbing. Very good for street, and probably will be good for some track. as there's a lot of adjustment.

Edit* the only downside i see is reliability, as no one has really ran these long enough yet.

So far so good, loads of adjustments can be made with the set-up

I know dude up on itr-dc2.com who has covered over 10k with these, but will keep you guys informed on how the reliability and life-span is! :drive:

Nice one Kak, was good to see you.

Next stock date of Meister R coilover is on 16th October, they are completely out of stock now.

All the suspension comes with 1 year unlimited warrantee, so if you find any leak or damaged on the suspension, they will provide a same day service for exchange because Meister R head quarter is only 30 mins from our workshop.

This warrantee only approved when you fitted them with the approved dealer (us for example)

thanks

Dixon

Looking nice and low..Do ya mind me asking a price?? Also did you fit camber adjusters or whats your camber like now??

They are now at special offer for just £500 a set with rubber top mount if you do the fitting with us, this offer is only available from us and you will get full warrantee from it when purchase from us.

Dixon

Nice one Kak, was good to see you.

Next stock date of Meister R coilover is on 16th October, they are completely out of stock now.

All the suspension comes with 1 year unlimited warrantee, so if you find any leak or damaged on the suspension, they will provide a same day service for exchange because Meister R head quarter is only 30 mins from our workshop.

This warrantee only approved when you fitted them with the approved dealer (us for example)

thanks

Dixon

Nice meeting you aswell ;)

Looking nice and low..Do ya mind me asking a price?? Also did you fit camber adjusters or whats your camber like now??

£500 mate...

Going to get camber when i have spare cash, but doesnt really rub tyres as of yet :secret:

They are now at special offer for just £500 a set with rubber top mount if you do the fitting with us, this offer is only available from us and you will get full warrantee from it when purchase from us.

Dixon

Worth every penny, and an awesome service :clap:

Thanks! Were are they made? I can't find this info on their site.
Are they bouncy?
Have you tried them on Civic ep3? I see that they are 14K F and 10K rear. Is this info correct? I am saying that as due to mcpherson struts in front, ep3 have lower spring rates in front than the rear.

Much better ride height mate... looks spot on. You wait till you fit a camber arms and have them aligned ;)

Thanks! Were are they made? I can't find this info on their site.
Are they bouncy?
Have you tried them on Civic ep3? I see that they are 14K F and 10K rear. Is this info correct? I am saying that as due to mcpherson struts in front, ep3 have lower spring rates in front than the rear.

My spring rates are 10kg/mm front and 8kg/mm rear, not too bouncy, just right ;)

Hey Tim, what differances do you notice? :nerv:

BUDDYCLUB P1 CAMBER FTW, right? :nice:

Grips even more with the camber set up properly (I did add the max amount possible on the front though... lol)

Yeh Buddyclub all the way mate. :nice:

Back