ecu help!

joebarrie

hello am turboing my stock b16a2 with a t3 t4 turbo. i have all the parts waiting to go on but am not sure for ecu. i have a greaddy blue box that could work but am really wanting to use it. H-TUNE do a p28 ecu with a turbo base map, would it just be as easy to buy that? and would it just the case of plug and play?? or would i have to do more???n

cheers!

My recommendation is to find a good tuner for your setup in your area. Then ask him with what fully programmable ecu he feels comfortable, for example, hondata s300, chrome, apexi power fc etc you'll need to take your car to the dyno with your tuner so you can get the most whp on your setup and be safe :D

My recommendation is to find a good tuner for your setup in your area. Then ask him with what fully programmable ecu he feels comfortable, for example, hondata s300, chrome, apexi power fc etc you'll need to take your car to the dyno with your tuner so you can get the most whp on your setup and be safe :D
x2:nice:

only problem with that is the only tuner near me is 700 mile away haha.
was just wondering if i get that ecu with the turbo chip map can i run it save???

I wouldn't recommend a basemap chip for any turbo setup, even on a NA engine those basemaps can a lot of times run the engine worse than stock ecu.

The Emanage blue will work but it's a little crude with how it works. You will certainly want the ignition harness which many don't come with if going down this route.

I wouldn't recommend a basemap chip for any turbo setup, even on a NA engine those basemaps can a lot of times run the engine worse than stock ecu.

The Emanage blue will work but it's a little crude with how it works. You will certainly want the ignition harness which many don't come with if going down this route.

soo do you think its ok to use the blue greaddy box? its just cost about £500 to try get to the closes mapping place.

was just wondering if i get that ecu with the turbo chip map can i run it save???

No, you'll not be safe specially on a turbo setup worse if you get those "spoon" "mugen" chips from ebay.

Do you have a dyno close to where you live ?

I've seen some remote tuning using skype and http://join.me

:)

There's plenty of tuners in Scotland, Henry Roy is no where near 700 miles away from you!

There's plenty of tuners in Scotland, Henry Roy is no where near 700 miles away from you!

Henry is at least 450 miles from him and the ferry to Aberdeen alone takes around 14 hours man! So for him to go to Henrys is probably a 3 day affair....

Wallace performance in Aberdeen is the closest place i can think off that i would recomend.
Still a fair trek for you though!

Cheers guy ye I live in shetland if you no where that is 14 hour ferry to get to Aberdeen, but I hear that Wallace performance is not the best for Hondas? Am I right??

Personally I know it's hassle but if you want it done properly I'd just drive the car with all your parts in a box to Henry roy get him to fit everything and tune it then fly home and fly back to collect. I know it's a bit of a nightmare but I'd be for doing that.upto you though :)

Cheers guy ye I live in shetland if you no where that is 14 hour ferry to get to Aberdeen, but I hear that Wallace performance is not the best for Hondas? Am I right??

Matty knows what he is doing:nice: As always you will hear only the bad stories. Ive never heard they are not the best with Hondas?
If i was in your position id ferry it into Aberdeen and go to Wallace. Bolt the turbo kit on, keep the stock injectors in and disconect the the intercooler pipe feeding the inlet. Drive easy to the ferry terminal and then the ferry port to Wallace Performance.

Still alot of time and money though:((

Murray

Matty knows what he is doing:nice: As always you will hear only the bad stories. Ive never heard they are not the best with Hondas?
If i was in your position id ferry it into Aberdeen and go to Wallace. Bolt the turbo kit on, keep the stock injectors in and disconect the the intercooler pipe feeding the inlet. Drive easy to the ferry terminal and then the ferry port to Wallace Performance.

Still alot of time and money though:((

Murray

Ye murry that what I was thinking! I was thinking to get a h time p28 turbo base map and drive really easy to Wallace from the boat, soo do you think they will do a good job of it??? Cheers murry!

Back