HID- Dip issue

HondaHonk

Donator
Donator
I was wondering if somebody can help or advise wht could be the issue here with the lights. I have HID kit in me car and when i dip the beam the right hand side bulb starts flickering and then goes off. Then if i turn off the lights and put it back on the light comes on again. It only flickers when i dip. Its also kind of intermittent sometimes it works np.

No idea whats going on :( Is it the bulb or the HID yoke?

I have checked the connectors and cables. but if the cables why issue only with 1 side bulb and not both should flicker?

Chamimam hi there

If its an after market HID kit it (and all wires are connected) it may be the ballast. Try swapping them over and see if its makes a difference. If not its probably the HID bulb.

cheers ek9danz, yeah was thinking the same. will try n update here. cheers :)

It was the bulb, but the bulb cannot be changed for some reason so bought a new HID kit as unable to find the same type ballast.

When I had HID's in mine, it did the exact same thing! Changed my ballast having checked all connections and earths and it fixed the problem.

When I had HID's in mine, it did the exact same thing! Changed my ballast having checked all connections and earths and it fixed the problem.

yeah it was pain as I was not able to dip in the night and when road was bumpy the bulb would go off automatically. very annoying it was . Also was so hard to find the same ballast not a hope :nono:. then thought why waste time just bought a new pair :)

Back