Rota twisted

SlipCivic

Got Milk?
Copy from another site...

Here's a Rota wheel before a track day....
rotabefore1236609uq9.jpg

Here's the same after.

rotaafter1248291jf7.jpg

Off a 500HP EK.

No, I got it off a site which got it from another site. So I don't have the full story of it, but it's also been said that the wheel also started to sink in.
From what I've been told Rota wheels has inferior alloy mix in them so the heat strength has been lowered.

Thoughs Rotas are subzeros, copies of the Racing Hart CP035. So if you're going to spend a **** load on your car to get it to 500BHP, I would recommending not buying cheap copy Rotas... lol

Last edited:
I think thats a photoshop... seems a bit fishy, i don't like rota but i cant see that happening.

Yea its possible, i saw alloy wheel spokes just poppin off an evo at a track day!!

dont by ****....

EDIT: there was a massive thread on Civiclife about this, turns out the spokes warped which in turn made them come into contact with the caliper.

Heres the 42 page thread, most of its rota bashing bull crap.

CivicLife.net

Page 8

Last edited:
Blinx has a point. That looks really stange? How would that happen?

I think thats easily plausible and not photoshopped. I think its just the front wheels spinning with so much power causing the spokes to warp under the strain of the power at the hubs against the friction of the road. Have always heard and seen bad stuff about rotas...

EDIT: there was a massive thread on Civiclife about this, turns out the spokes warped which in turn made them come into contact with the caliper.

Heres the 42 page thread, most of its rota bashing bull crap.

CivicLife.net

Page 8

after seeing the rest of the pictures it does look real!!

aye, that could easily happen to anywheel, especially if the brakes got especially hot, that would transfer through to the wheel softening the Alloy and causing it to mis shape, doubt highly its because its a rota though, Im sure there are may other wheels that would happen to, Especially with the thin spokes!

As you must be registered to read the full post on civiclife.net, i'll upload a pic i got a long ago...

I think it's not a photoshop but, who knows...

rotaposterkq9ht6.jpg

Back