Pinoys Thread!!

kagetora01

ReD HatCH
alright!! mga kababayan !!! I made this thread, because I wanna know how many Filipino (or Pinoy) are in this forum......:D feel free to post where do you live now (who knows, maybe if you live close by.. we can meet :)) and what is your car (you can post your mods if you want) or you can post what ever you wanna post :D

ok I live in Canada, British Columbia...
my car is 1997 EJ6 (canadian model)
my last visit in Philippines is October 2004
oh and its snowing here in my place, so I can't use my car :angry2:

I'm not Filipino but my friend TJ is. He don't know **** about cars though :( . He's funny though. He came here in 05 I think. I helped him a lot in computer classes in High School and me and him sat and talked in between classes in college last semester.

Last I checked, he drove a Saturn :D

Sorry, guess I didn't really need to post since he is not part of this forum but I thought what the hell why not :p

i am Filipino & i live in Nueva Ecija (Philippines).
i have an EK9 JDM, all stock except for tires.

I'm not Filipino but my friend TJ is. He don't know **** about cars though :( . He's funny though. He came here in 05 I think. I helped him a lot in computer classes in High School and me and him sat and talked in between classes in college last semester.

Last I checked, he drove a Saturn :D

Sorry, guess I didn't really need to post since he is not part of this forum but I thought what the hell why not :p

thats fine Techy, atleast i know now you have a filipino friend and a nice one :nice: its hard to find nice filipino friend this days, cause in my place.... lots of filipino here are kinda like show offs!! :angry:

i am Filipino & i live in Nueva Ecija (Philippines).
i have an EK9 JDM, all stock except for tires.

yo... did you go to some other places before, or live on other countries (like U.S.)...cause your English is pretty good :D ... for me I can't talk to canadian people strait forward, I always got stock sometimes...hehehe! :lol:

thats fine Techy, atleast i know now you have a filipino friend and a nice one :nice: its hard to find nice filipino friend this days, cause in my place.... lots of filipino here are kinda like show offs!! :angry:

show offs? sounds like nothing is different from Pinoys in US & Canada from the Pinoys here in the motherland, from scooters to cars. it's a culture thing. :D

yo... did you go to some other places before, or live on other countries (like U.S.)...cause your English is pretty good :D ... for me I can't talk to canadian people strait forward, I always got stock sometimes...hehehe! :lol:

ummmm no, i have never even set foot on any land outside of Luzon, i may be stuck here for the rest of my life. i wish i could afford to live in western countries but the plane ticket alone & the hassle of going to foreign embassies to secure a visa is just too much.

about my english it is my favorite subject in elementary & highschool, i am an avid reader & i like collecting technical books that deal with my chosen field of expertise.

i also have an American & an English expats which i regularly ride with, i take every opportunity to converse to them in English, i may type the language very well but it's different when you speak it, my tongue gets tied up a lot of time. LOL :lol:

pinoys are crazy!! i have like a 50 pinoy friends :) cool people, i know what you mean though, some are show offs and try to be tough guys, but i guess any race has people like that.

i may type the language very well but it's different when you speak it, my toungue gets tied up a lot of time. LOL :lol:

i would have never guessed, you english is excellent from the way you type :woot: rvm is the same way, his english is really good too even though he dosent think so, and he's in Guatemala. i have a lot of respect for you guys who learn english as a second language, ive heard its very difficult cause its backwards, im persian so my native language is farsi, so i understand when people say english is backwards.

TJ's English was crap when I first met him but he got much better as time went on. I helped him a lot with his English but it was a little weird to have to explain curse words to him. He asked me what certain words meant and that "oh ****" came into my head. But now, he's pretty fluent excluding his oh so obvious accent, and he curses with the best of them :D Luckily though he doesn't curse a whole lot. At least not as much as me :p

OH and 100th post. Yay!

I'm Cypriot and my native language is Greek. For us is not an easy thing to digest the english language:(.... English has been one of my favorite courses since elementary school (still taught english courses in College even though all classes are in english because is international school and I'm studying Computer Science lol :angry:) however, for me is extremely difficult to understand and distinguish some words like in,on,at,to.... and when to use them. For example, above I said "in College" but I'm not sure if it's "at College". Also something like: "Now I'm going at school" or "Now I'm going to school" Oh well, I'm gonna die one day and still trying to figure it out :blinx:

manos your english is very good too :nice: "in college" was correct. and and "now im going to school" is correct. however it can be complicated. my mother has been speaking enlish for 30 years now, and she still mixes up "he" and "she" but to her credit she does speak 5 other languages!!

manos your english is very good too :nice: "in college" was correct. and and "now im going to school" is correct. however it can be complicated. my mother has been speaking enlish for 30 years now, and she still mixes up "he" and "she" but to her credit she does speak 5 other languages!!

hahaha.... my mom do that too.... mixes up "he" and "she"...:D

I'm Cypriot and my native language is Greek. For us is not an easy thing to digest the english language:(.... English has been one of my favorite courses since elementary school (still taught english courses in College even though all classes are in english because is international school and I'm studying Computer Science lol :angry:) however, for me is extremely difficult to understand and distinguish some words like in,on,at,to.... and when to use them. For example, above I said "in College" but I'm not sure if it's "at College". Also something like: "Now I'm going at school" or "Now I'm going to school" Oh well, I'm gonna die one day and still trying to figure it out :blinx:

me, I got confuse at past and present words... u know, like see and saw, sing and sang.... men i hate past and present words...:mad:

haha this thread is getting interesting, manos your english is good, it is better than some of the americans & english members of the sportbike forum i frequent to. it's best to start young when learning another language, it sinks in deep real fast, i remember my elementary school years when the books issued to us were all english (except for the Filipino subject which in Tagalog, the local language), i frequent the library a lot & i was even locked inside by accident. :lol:

now most of the textbooks are in Tagalog, it has somehow dumbed down our people who used to be sought after by foreign companies b'coz we were proficient in english, now the vietnamese, thais, indonesians & malaysians are overtaking us in that area.

now i would like to learn to speak & write in italian & dutch if i had the time, i am a 2stroke tuner & we Pinoys love to dragrace our scooters & the italian & dutch forums are where i hangout to exchange ideas with the 2stroke tuners.

there are now a few auto dragraces being held here, it is not the same as before & when competing in a dragrace it is always the guys with bigger wallets/deeper pockets that wins. i am a little guy & even though i have the skills & the knowledge on how to build a powerful engine i still lack $$$ needed to buy the necessary parts.

i'll probably race the EK9 one time at the next drag event for old times sake, i have never won a trophy for myself in a bracket race so i would like to try my luck once again but by no means i will be hooked & spend countless sums of money just to make the car go faster, that i will do so on my 600RR with fork & rear damper upgrades plus some new gear (1pc leather suit & boots).

I wen't on holiday to Greece (Kos)....yes as one of them binge drinking English that fight and throw up everywhere:D

But all the locals were great and spoke good english....well they understood (pint of lager, please:lol:)

Was a great place, just so god damn hot.

I wen't on holiday to Greece (Kos)....yes as one of them binge drinking English that fight and throw up everywhere:D

But all the locals were great and spoke good english....well they understood (pint of lager, please:lol:)

Was a great place, just so god damn hot.

Yea, greek islands are great places for vacation! Btw, I'm cypriot and I live in Cyprus not in Greece.......:) but we have greek roots and our official language is greek. However, a cypriot's ascent is radically different from a greek's and there's no way to learn proper greek here by interacting with Cypriots...... :D is like speaking perfect English but trying to understand what a Glasgowegan is trying to say!
Btw, Cyprus "language" has many similarities with the one spoken in Crete(island of Greece) :)

Yea, greek islands are great places for vacation! Btw, I'm cypriot and I live in Cyprus not in Greece.......:) but we have greek roots and our official language is greek. However, a cypriot's ascent is radically different from a greek's and there's no way to learn proper greek here by interacting with Cypriots...... :D is like speaking perfect English but trying to understand what a Glasgowegan is trying to say!
Btw, Cyprus "language" has many similarities with the one spoken in Crete(island of Greece) :)

Ah, consider myself told. lol

One thing I did notice though...and I don't know if it's similar in Cyprus, buit they had the worst taste in cars I've ever seen. And all the kids think it's The fast and the Furious...on the 50cc scooters.

And the little Gypsy kids were so annoying:mad:

now i would like to learn to speak & write in italian & dutch if i had the time, i am a 2stroke tuner & we Pinoys love to dragrace our scooters & the italian & dutch forums are where i hangout to exchange ideas with the 2stroke tuners.

me I want to learn how to speak and write Japanese...:nice: so I can live in Japan, worked there, buy an EK9, tuned my car to the max, drive to Wangan Highway :drive:, meet Smokey Nagata (but not race him :nerv:) and have a Japanese wife :clap:..

there are now a few auto dragraces being held here, it is not the same as before & when competing in a dragrace it is always the guys with bigger wallets/deeper pockets that wins. i am a little guy & even though i have the skills & the knowledge on how to build a powerful engine i still lack $$$ needed to buy the necessary parts.

what job do you have there in Philippines?, cause I know its hard to survive there, food and electricity are so expensive....:angry: and you have an EK9.... you must be rich.... PAUTANG!! :D j/k

what job do you have there in Philippines?, cause I know its hard to survive there, food and electricity are so expensive....:angry: and you have an EK9.... you must be rich.... PAUTANG!! :D j/k

hehehe, no i am just your average middle income guy who has managed to find a way to survive in this country, i am a motorcycle technician & a tuner (4stroke & 2stroke) & we run our own motorcycle/scooter parts-repair-tuning shop. if you just work for somebody else in this country you won't get anywhere.

i used to work for another shop whose owner is a motorcycle circuit racer, i used the opportunity to learn how to work on big cc bikes, before that i was an auto technician.

after a couple of years working under him i broke off & put up our own motorcycle shop with my brother, having your own business you call the shots, you make your own time. since then i have managed to afford stuff i would have only dreamed of when i was working for somebody else.

now i have my own sportbike & a rare sport compact from japan, now i am content. now i just need to earn more money for mods mainly for the bike. :D

Back