Big Shout Out To JIMBOB-EK9

D'janiero

As a few may know I was having some problems fitting my new clutch kit to my car last week (The lower balljoints would not budge in the slightest:angry2:).

Anyway, I got speaking to Jimbob-ek9 about the issues I was having and he said to bring the car down to him and he'd have a go at fitting it.
So I headed down to him yesterday, and man...this guy is a genious.
He got on the case stright away, and to cut a long story short, managed to fit the new clutch for me....regardless of the same balljoint issues we still had.
Where as others would have given up an sent me on my way, this guy would'nt throw in the towel untill the job was done and he was happy with everything.

I gave him a hand where I could along the way, and it was seriously interesting to see him strip the car down,and see how things work etc (I'm not mechanic, but I'm always up for working/learning about cars), not to mension his attension to detail:wow:.
I could go on all day guys lol, but I'd just like to say a big thankyou to jimbob (and his family for the hospitality:nice:). Its good to know that there are super cool forum members on here like him.
Thanks a miilion dude...appreciate it:nice:
ps - as I said...your 9 is a beast...looking forward to going out for a blast in it next time:D

Here are some pics I took while I was there.

The culprit clutch....One of the springs snapped on the clutch which was causing the problems:(

IMG_0045.jpg

IMG_0046.jpg

Not the best pic but heres when we took the gearbox out:

IMG_0050.jpg

And heres a few snaps of Jimbobs Badass Leathal Track Weapon:
IMG_0062.jpg

IMG_0063.jpg

IMG_0064.jpg

IMG_0070.jpg

IMG_0069.jpg

IMG_0067.jpg

Thanks for that mate!:nice:
Happy to help you or anyone else on hear out in anyway i can!
Your a top lad yourself & look forward to meeting up agen some time soon!:D

Nice one Jimbob!!! Already knew you were a good guy but nice to see forum members helping each other out :nice:

Also glad you got it sorted D'janiero!

Cheers for the coments guys!!:nice:
Like i said befor happy to help anyone on hear!:D

Well i know where to come when i got some nice engine parts need fitting. Do you do engine tuning as well?

Nice one Jimbob!!! Already knew you were a good guy but nice to see forum members helping each other out :nice:

Indeed. This thread makes me feel all warm and fuzzy.

nice one Jimbob.

Well i know where to come when i got some nice engine parts need fitting. Do you do engine tuning as well?

Your more than welcome to come over for help fitting parts but WILL aka EK9turbo is your man for tuning!:nice: or anything else come to think of it! lol
I have to say i have learnt most of what i know about EK9's from WILL!:bow:
My sig explane's it all!:secret:

Last edited:
Just things like cams and fuel rails and skunk 2 intake manifold. 1 question, if i buy a different ecu, does it make my car faster? e.g B16a2 with a type r EK9 ecu or a spoon?

Just things like cams and fuel rails and skunk 2 intake manifold. 1 question, if i buy a different ecu, does it make my car faster? e.g B16a2 with a type r EK9 ecu or a spoon?

Cam's - YES
Fuel rail - you dont need at all unless your going to be making 300bhp+
Intake manifold - YES

To answer your question
If you bought EK9 cams & EK9 ECU then yes this would make your car faster!

But IMO you would be better going for after market cams & a Hondata S300 ECU with a remap from WILL!

But befor you start buying things like this you need to have a good IHE!

You would be better speaking to WILL about were to go with things like this, & he will guide you in the right direction to go with your build!:secret:

really i have a target (500bhp turbo'd) but if i can get near to there without losing the great sound then i could need alot of help, i just want to be a part of this website as its the best civic website ever. i want mag features and be on a stand at a big show. thats my dream. i will start to look at things in alot more detail. i already have started stripping the interior and priced up some strut bars.

I dont want to sound thick, but what does IHE stand for?

really i have a target (500bhp turbo'd) but if i can get near to there without losing the great sound then i could need alot of help, i just want to be a part of this website as its the best civic website ever. i want mag features and be on a stand at a big show. thats my dream. i will start to look at things in alot more detail. i already have started stripping the interior and priced up some strut bars.

I dont want to sound thick, but what does IHE stand for?

Good luck with your dream mate!:nice:
If your wanting to go boost the you defo need to speak to EK9turbo!:secret:

ihe= intake, header and exhaust
Cheers mate!:nice:

Good on you Jimbob nice to see people taking there own time to help others :nice:

Id be happy for something a bit quicker than what mine is at the moment, im not bothered if its turbo or not. something i can suprise people with wen they think its just a little honda, lol

Back