Dans EK9 Type R

EK9dan

B18C-R EK9
Donator
Right people,

Ive been on here for a few weeks or so now and havent show my car so here she is.........

When i got the car it was completely stock bar the air filter and back box. Since then, here are the mods.....

Spec as follows on B16B:

Engine

Modified OEM BOX with Spoon Drop-in filter
76mm cold air feed with trumpets
Apexi exhaust system
Resonated Decat
Import Trung 4-1 Custom header
3.5KG Fidanza aluminium Flywheel
Air conditioning removed
Spoon resevoir covers
Blue NGK ignition leads
Black Samco coolant hoses

Now from 27/03/09 Running new engine B18CR DC2 motor. Dynod at 176WHP/125lbs AT THE WHEELS. So over 200BHP and 125lbs torque at fly. This was on a shoddy intake i was using from the B16B engine which was restricting it.

It is a build up thread so the B18 came later on through the thread.

Spec as follows on B18CR:

DC2 air box with custom 76mm air feed in bumper
Apexi exhaust system
Resonated Decat
Import Trung 4-1 Custom header Heatwrapped
3.5KG Fidanza aluminium Flywheel
Air conditioning removed
Spoon resevoir covers
NGK ignition leads
Black Silcon coolant hoses
6000K HID KIT

Heres a quick in car video:
Videos :: EK9 B18CR 176WHP video by starlet-3sgte - Photobucket

Chassis

Spoon Front strut brace
Tegiwa Rear strut brace
Innovative 60A engine mounts
Spare wheel/jack removed
STR Racing LCA's
X2 Gabs Sport Wheels and X2 Enkies on Rear

Body
Carbon Spoiler

Interior:
Short shifter
Interior stripped
DC2 modified seat rails
OMP 3" harnesses
Swede dished steering wheel

Also check pics through-out thread

004.jpg

008.jpg

Newcar020-1.jpg

005.jpg

023.jpg

Newcar008.jpg

Newcar010.jpg

So thats it, and i hope you all like :)
.....................................................................................................

And this is my other beast, might as well show you guys.

Its a starlet GT which has had an MR2 Turbo engine conversion which is a 2.0litre turbo running a MOTEC ECU... Its producing around 330HP @1.2bar on stock engine and turbo......... At some point i will be getting done a fully forged engine on a GT3082 turbo running around 550BHP...

This was also completely stock when i bought it 4 years ago as a 1.3 turbo.

New Photos of it
P1000610.jpg

P1000390.jpg

P1000363-1.jpg

P1000204.jpg

P1000217.jpg

Hope you all enjoy the pictures :)

Thanks for looking

Last edited:
Nice EK, v clean engine.

Crazy second car but look great fun 330 BHP in a car which weighs as much as a fart lol.

One thing just would bug me get a new gearnob for you ek dont like the red one.

@Vtec-boi..... yeah the reason i resprayed it was it was a bit flackey and thought i'd be a tad different... But i would agree there. When i get some time will get it all off agin and go for all red maybe with carbon plug cover....

@Ben_Anderson™.....
Thanks bud. Fun isnt the word, the car is lunatic! It was my daily when the conversion was complete for about 10 months lol...... Then i decided to buy an EK9 for the daily, even though its quickly changing to a potential track car LOL.....

As for the gear knob, you know my friend said the same thing, but i actually really like it, especially the feel........

@RVM.... Cheers dude!

yuup, i resprayed the car myself :)

I wanted to be different and as the car was driven hard and dirty i wanted it easily repairable by myself.

@absolutleysideways, thanks mate, yeah i remember your name on there! lol....

Lovin the 9 Dan:nice: and that starbo must be a serious beast on the road:cool:
It gets me thinking about maybe getting another one, they're pretty addictive cars:)

yuup, i resprayed the car myself :)

I wanted to be different and as the car was driven hard and dirty i wanted it easily repairable by myself.

@absolutleysideways, thanks mate, yeah i remember your name on there! lol....

fair play, got the rat look!
will you be painting the ek9 the same LOL:D:lol:

Lovin the 9 Dan:nice: and that starbo must be a serious beast on the road:cool:
It gets me thinking about maybe getting another one, they're pretty addictive cars:)

Thanks buddy :nice:

oh they are really addictive littke cars especially when you start playing with them...

I have to admit though if i didnt have the 3SGTE engine in there i would sell the car and go all out on the EK9, but then i would miss the huge power the starlet has. EK9 has soo much potential and in my head there are soo many plans.

Ive done pretty much everything to the starlet, sometimes you just want a new project. We shall see after the rebuild.

The new bay....

009-1.jpg

69mm Throttle Bodie that i no longer use as it didnt really work with my set up...

0062.jpg

Last edited:
cam cover looks sooooo much better than before, nice one:nice:

Thanks guys,

funny you say about the lettering, my girlfriend said the same thing before i even read this.....

I will take the paint off and repost a pic :nice:

nice cars mate, i bet that starlet is one scary car!! love it :D matt black ftw

Cheers fellas :)

The starlet is a bit of a scary one yes! Has given me chills up my spine at the best of times.... Im enjoying some good sensible power now whilst that is off road... hehe

Back