Del sol from Portugal

eg2_portuga

This will be my thread to show you guys, and gals, my del sol and keep update with new mods as soon as they will happen ;)

I own it since January 2013, it's my second car altought my first Honda (finally lol) I always like this sweet little car, but I believe that I buy the wrong one, let me start talking about some issues that I had, bodywork is completely fu*** and engine wasn't the original (still a d16z6 but not the one from factory) and have very low comprension and drink too much oil and just made 100hp on the dyno (around 60 at the wheels)....about the bodywork I already know how bad it was when I bought the car but strangely that negliged body and sad face make me wanna that car, yap I bought the wrong car cause it needs to much work but since this is taking time to become perfect it make me fall in love with my car, everyday I like it a little bit more ;)
Now the good part, about 5 or 6 months after I bought the car I did a swap for a b16 (well not me, my mechanic, the best in Portugal in terms of Honda, NA or Turbo he's the man for the job), and since then I've make little upgrades, it need to be slowly build cause I make at least 70km everyday and here the gas prices are raising almost every 6months, but despite that I've been make some good things, well at least on my point of view lol I've almost everything buil in my head and just need to put it on the real world, but like I said slowly good things happens, don't need to make everything in a hurry cause this car is to keep for many years......

I will give you the list of mods taht I currently have, if you wanna know something that I dind't post feel free to ask :)

Engine:
B16a1 block\head everything stock inside but with intake manifold oem p30, intake oem vti with kn air filter, gearbox hydro y21 (from a del sol vti), exhaust manifold oem itr 4-2-1, ecu p30, straight throught exhaust (a direct 60mm od inox 304 tube from the header to the back box, muffler twin loop not mugen and not mugen replica just twin loop with long chamber).....it made 162.4hp and 155.5nm on the dyno (pretty good since it's almost stock and here the stock vti's give something between 150 and 155hp)

Body:
Oem eg6 front lip, oem del sol vti spoiler, sambar corners, some bad looking 3m carbon stickers that the previous owner put on it and I will rip off everything and change for real carbon fiber parts when it goes to the paint shop, ugly wheels that will be replaced for some oem eg6 (love them)

Interior:
Custom made shift and gearbox boot with blue stitch, oem del sol seats (change the esi ones for the blue vti ones), shift knob replica itr, steering wheel in it's way to Portugal from a del sol sir (very rare and pretty, at least on pictures it is lol)

Suspension\chassis:
Oem vti front strut bar, lowering springs (don't know the brand since came already fitted on the car), asr subframe blue (one of the few original ones over here), rear 20mm anti roll bar possibly from na itr but it's just 20mm and i'm not sure if it's really itr or other Honda

Brakes:
Oem itr spec 98 front and rear callipers and carriers (same as ek9, 282mm front disks and 260mm rears, but I keep the 4x100pdc), hel blue braided lines, 1" brake master cylinder and servo, front brakes and pads soon to be replaced possibly for a combination of powerslot disks and ferodo ds2500 pads.....

No abs, no airbag, no ac, no transtop, just pure lightweight and fun :drive:

I need to re-upload some pics of it when I bought andhow it's now since my imageshack account don't let me put photos on the forums anymore :( maybe I can do taht tomorrow when I arrive from the job, but now I left just a teaser lol one pic that I have on my new account for upload photos, one from the asr, don't had time to wash the car since I take it the day after install the asr and had just 2hours of sleep between install the asr and go to work, well need to sacrífice for the good of my del sol :bow:

CAM00366.jpg

Beautiful :bow:

muito obrigado for sharing :D

Looking good I've a blue vti just like that :) I'll be looking out for more pics though :)

I need to take some new 'cause since I installed the âmbar corners I just take a couple of photos.....I'll put some from when I bought it and a slowly evolution, hope that you like it cause I love it ;) I've plenty more on my pc for almost every mod that I need, from the new door handle to the b16 swap, but I think that isn't necessity to post everything from the past, from now on I'll report the "news" it more photos from when it'll happen....... Well stop the talk and begin the photo slideshow :)
Some with my friends cars, one gray eg6 (engine professional rebuilt about 2 years ago) and another red eg5 with b16 swap......

First day

P140113_14_260001.jpg

P140113_15_150001.jpg

I have this spoiler for sale, too discret for my taste lol

P240413_15_150001.jpg

img0133ap.jpg

img0136au.jpg

img0135ak.jpg

P080313_19_310001.jpg

Spoiler oem del sol vti

P070713_16_170001.jpg

P240413_20_240002.jpg

P200613_19_590001.jpg

P200613_19_590003.jpg

Arrábida, one of the many beautyfull places here in Portugal :) also one of the places to practice some late night touge with the friends

P010513_12_510002.jpg

My mechanic\parts supplier..... Import-Jdm

P130613_14_590001.jpg

Eg6 oem front lip

CAM00022.jpg

CAM00030.jpg

Let the fun begin :naughty:

B16

CAM00007.jpg

P090613_15_510003.jpg

CAM00005.jpg

Twin loop

CAM00239.jpg

CAM00240.jpg

Itr spec 98 brakes

CAM00259.jpg

CAM00264.jpg

CAM00266.jpg

CAM00307.jpg

CAM00308.jpg

CAM00285.jpg

Ambar corners

CAM00314.jpg

CAM00313.jpg

CAM00310.jpg

CAM00312.jpg

And the reason why I painted the calipers yellow (the painting was did by myself, one of my passions.....)

:fapfap:

CAM00141.jpg

CAM00142.jpg

CAM00143.jpg

If I need to choose just one detail about my car that make me speachless it's this valve cover, I was looking into paint the oem texture look but in blue but then I decided to start on that moment na paint on yellow... The best colour that I can possibly choose, it's not the spoon yellow and I didn't want to paint a spoon replica, just a yellow b16a1 valve cover, by the way it'sthe same paint that I used on the brakes, but on the brakes I choose to give them a little texture like the vht wrinkle paint......

Well for now is just that photos hoppefully next week I can put here a photo of my new steering wheel as soon as it arrives ;)

Before I Forget, yeah my alloys are horrible :( need to change them soon for some oem eg6, or if I can get a good shipping cost maybe buy a set directly from Japan for some nice japanese wheels.....probably some work, advan or gram lights ;)

Back