K20a Rotrex Dc2 build

Car(s)
Y56 EK9 Type-RX
Just wanted to share my pride and joy with all you guys here at ek9.org forum as we all love our builds.

Bought the dc2 with the k swap from a fellow civiclife member back in September and previous to that was an ek9.org member....

Cars had loads of small mechanical and electric issues which for others would be nothing but for me was a big NO NO which needed sorting out.

Got to work by stripping the whole off the engine loom and interior loom and started it from scratch with no lose wires and dodge connections.

Then tlc started to the body by sorting bumper gaps and getting everything aligned and in order. In the mean time started adding some carbon bits like a oem look carbon fiber bonnet and carbon fiber front lip.

When the teg was NA got dynoed at 238bhp which was good but wanted more power. Credit card came out so went and bought a tts supersport kit with oil and intercooler and the build started....

320bhp (270whp) & 215ftlb at just 8psi.
Having a walbro 450lph fuel pump fitted next week and have another dyno to get the boost up to 11-12psi to achieve the 350-360bhp mark.

Here's the spec-
98spec dc2
K20a engine and LSD gearbox from dc5
Dc5 shifter and cables
Hasport mounts
Hybrid racing fuel lines and regulator
Exedy clutch
Exedy flywheel
Full 3' solid fab exhaust system
Dc sports headers
70mm tb
Rotrex c30-94 supercharger
Front mount intercooler
Aluminuim twin core radiator
J's racing thermostat
Mocal oil cooler
110mm supercharger pulley
Fn2 crank shaft pulley
Rc 750 injectors
Walbro 225lph fuel pump
Hondata kpro v2 ecu
Hks air filter
Custom intercooler/radiator/tb & oil cooler pipes
Iridium denso spark plugs
Always run on shell nitro
Accord type r twin pot front brakes with 300mm discs and ferodo pads
Enkei ES Tarmacs 16x7j wrapped with khumo sport tyres
Skunk2 pro coilovers
Spoon front and rear strut brace
Cusco rear bottom strut brace
All bushes changed
New front drop links
New front track rod ends
Carbon bonnet
Carbon front lip
Carbon mirrors
Personal suede 300mm steering wheel
Snap off hub
No p/s
No a/c
No abs
Fully stripped with a weight of 1013kg

On order
Walbro 450lph fuel pump
Arp f1 carbon mirrors
225/45/16 advan a048 front tyres

Future plans
6-point roll cage
Oem style carbon front wings
Oem style carbon rear tailgate
Perspex front/rear and tailgate windows
Bride carbon seats

Here are some picks as it stands at the moment...... Enjoy

[URL=http://s542.photobucket.com/user/ek9-rs/media/836027B0-2B86-403D-B475-5A4FD7035F89_zpslxqnwfb7.jpg.html]

8C8A93CB-3F15-404C-BFE6-7325EE61BA3A_zpsa7vbn0uy.jpg
[/URL]

Last edited:
Finished my last tweak today. Walbro 450lph got fitted and got the car remapped. 332bhp (283whp) at 11psi and we got loads of wheel spin on the dyno. Couldn't keep all the power down. Really happy with the results. An absolutely animal in every gear.

Such an awesome car. I'm guessing it fair shifts! Good job you have the a048 tyres on order to get some traction :drive:

Excellent work, car looks great. Fire a few videos up when you get a chance :)

Do you have an ETD? Really helped my DC2R to stop wheel spin + hop, but that was a mildly tuned B18 - was running Hankook RS2's also.

Back