ross16i16's 91 Crx vt rebuild (lots of pics)

ross16i16

Donator
Donator
Not been on here much recently so thought I would show you guys what ive been up to.

At the end of last year I did a swap with Frodo for my black ek9 for his crx (plus some cash my way)

Anyway here is a picture of when Frodo had it -

And here are some of the full respray, sunroof bung and new arches being done (during Frodo's ownership) -

The spec list when I took ownership -

D2 Racing coilovers
Buddyclub P1 alloys and Yokohama Parada Spec 2 tyres
Tanabe SMR cat back exhaust system with an SRS decat
OMP suede steering wheel with a D1 Spec snap off boss kit fitted
Sparco Pro 2000 seats with purple glitter back
Takata drivers harness (genuine)
TRS green passenger harness
ITR Gearknob
Induction kit
Uprated HT leads
Import SIR bumpers
Js Racing Polyurethane front lip
Uprated 282 Front brakes
cusco front upper brace

I then covered about 100miles before taking it off the road for winter lol.

Not much really happened between December and March due to starting a new job, other than my good friends buying me this for my 30th -

Halfords | Halfords Advanced Professional 170 Piece Socket & Ratchet Spanner Set

Then around April I finally got my finger out and got started.

First off was selling the seats, which were mint but I was after something else -

Then I set about getting started with the fully polybush kit that came as part of the swap deal -

All in three pictures but this process acutally took a fair amont of time haha.

Then I picked up another Recaro SPG to match the one I had already (taken from my ek9 before the swap) -

I had another red cover kit in my loft anyway so the pair would match.

Then I stripped, painted the backs and rebuilt the SPG's so they would match.

Stripped, wet & dried, masked and ready for paint -

Painted and drying on the kitchen table (much to the mrs's displeasure haha) -

The finished product of my hard work (covers are still a bit creased as they had been stored in a box for a few months) -

Whilest building the car back up I also, stripped both of the driveshafts and replaced all of the CV boots as a couple were split -

And some other parts.

Driveshaft gearbox seal -

LCA bolts -

ARB drop link -

New cam cover -

Then came the RTA bushes (which were the easiest of them all)

Old out -

New in -

During the process of doing the rear I discovered that one of the dampers on the coilovers was leaking. I then oredered a replacement damper from D2 and carried out the painstaking (due to the lock rings being seazed) process of dismanteling and rebuilding.

You can see from the first picture that I had to hacksaw the old damper in half to release the lock rings!!

Finished -

Whilest taking the car in and out of the garage I discovered that the steering rack was leaking pretty badly, so I picked up another power steering rack from a friend (was on a Crx sir he was breaking) -

You can also see my new outer track rod ends in the pic (amongst the tools :lol:)

Then another good friend assisted (well did most of the work actually) fitting the steering rack -

Then these arrived and got fitted -

And that brings me up to date.

Things to do -

Fit seats
Fit sunstrip
Fit decals
Alignment gets done next wednesday
DRIVE the thing :lol:

Sorry about the long post guys, should really have started this a couple of months ago :thanks:

i actually love this car, was wicked when Frodo had it and just getting better :)

Look awesome :nice:

As above keeps getting better, can't wait for mine to be complete after looking at this lol

i actually love this car, was wicked when Frodo had it and just getting better :)

Look awesome :nice:

As above keeps getting better, can't wait for mine to be complete after looking at this lol

Thank you guys :nice:

It's been a long process but went and got 6 months tax yesterday so will get a couple of months use before its off the road for winter again.

Will need to get some better pics up once its finished and on the road next week

Very nice man and god I hate seized coil over rings they are a bitch

Yuss good work Ross

Great bodywork and now getting great everywhere else

Will be good to see it out soon. Get photos soon before the 9 goes up for sale?

This has got to be one of my favourite CRX for sure. Was great when Frodo had it and it's only improving now. Keep up the good work :nice:

Very cool

Thank you man

Yuss good work Ross

Great bodywork and now getting great everywhere else

Will be good to see it out soon. Get photos soon before the 9 goes up for sale?

Hi mate, how's things? Yeah goes into CLCM next Wednesday morning for the alignment then I'm all good to go.

Would be ace to get some pics......you so much better with a camera than me haha

How come your selling the ek9? Got something else on the cards?

Oh can you text me the size of the sunstrip you have on the 9 please?

This has got to be one of my favourite CRX for sure. Was great when Frodo had it and it's only improving now. Keep up the good work :nice:

Thank you man, makes all the hard work worthwhile :thanks:

Yeah mate been all good likes

Eh wanting to just have the one car so going for an s2000 as I've got an urge haha

Eh mines 10 inches in the middle and 9 at the sides iirc. Will double check once I pick it up this weekend :)

Some top work there mate !

Cheers man

Yeah mate been all good likes

Eh wanting to just have the one car so going for an s2000 as I've got an urge haha

Eh mines 10 inches in the middle and 9 at the sides iirc. Will double check once I pick it up this weekend :)

Haha yeah know what you mean, running 2 cars is a bit of a pain.

Thanks for that man, will be putting the sunstrip on next week but just wanted an idea of a good size. Where's the ek9 been?

Very cool car :)

Thanks dude

Eh away getting the clutch done dude

Think I killed it with too much abuse haha

Haha least it's done after that tho. You'll no want to sell once its back and you've had it out for another run

My A3's getting the duel mass fly and clutch done next week too....so I know the feeling

Yeah, boy just phoned me. Had a full inspection and the cars 100% spot on so glad it's all perfect again like.

Ouch that'll be a sore bill haha. Ill need to get a wee catch up ASAP for photos then :)

Been meaning to update this for ages.

Anyways bought some other bits and bobs and got the Crx on the road.

New decals -

Gearbox oil -

New battery -

Picked up some geniune mats -

Carpet hovered and ready for seats to go in -

Seats in :dance: -

Couple of iphone pics once seats and decals done -

Then took the car to get allignment done, was all over the place after doing all the bushes, camber arms ect -

Finished allignment sheet -

Couldnt get the toe in enough at the front, as I need to take 5mm off the front tre's.

Back