Scott's EK9

scott

Hi everyone,

I've been on here for a while but never put any pictures up because I couldn't figure out how to! lol I have had the car for 2 1/2 years now and am still loving it!

Here's my car and different pictures of stuff I've done to it ...

28052011837.jpg

21072010542.jpg

14032010392.jpg

Engine Bay when I first got it ...

9.jpg

Then this ...

carrrrrr190.jpg

And now this ...

carrrrrr193.jpg

I have protected the underneath painting it white shortly after I got it as we all know how crap english roads are! lol ...

25072010555.jpg

26032011824.jpg

10042011835.jpg

Checked the Valve Clearance and did the Cambelt for peace of mind when I first got the car ...

01072010530.jpg

And the most recent mod was the Tegiwa Manifold that I heat-wrapped and fitted yesterday ...

carrrrrr176.jpg

carrrrrr187.jpg

Comparing the old with the new ...

carrrrrr191.jpg

This is my dyno results with just a de-cat pipe on ...

dyno001.jpg

Hope you enjoy and feel free to comment :)

Last edited:
Very nice man! I found the Tegiwa mani a pain in the bollox to wrap, how did you fully wrap the two middle pipes?! I couldn't!

How are you finding it now with the new mani on, much difference?

Very nice and clean car. Looks Great in fround of the beech.
What are the dementions of the new mani compared to the standard? Looks beefy with the rapping on.

It was very hard and took me 6 hours to wrap the whole thig with a lot of fiddling and adjusting and I'm itching like mad today! lol

I had to drill one of the holes out slightly bigger aswell to fit it. Did you have this problem?

I have noticed it pulling stronger lower down the revs but has made quite a nice difference all the way through the rev range. I will probably be getting it dyno'd next weekend so will have to find out the difference then, it made 183 BHP before so I will let you know

Thanks it still looks good 2 years on it took a long time to do i stll got a bit to do under the petrol tank down the middle and the in side of the car.

Looks really good mate and made good power

Thanks for the comments ye it did make good power considering i havent got many mods only de-cat, hks panel filter and a carbon fibre elbow pipe and a backbox with no baffle and a massive dent in it. I didnt think it wud make that power for a 13 year old car, i thought it wud av lost more

It probably hasn't lost any. Remember that the B16B was 185PS not BHP and when Honda give the power read out the engine has nothing on it such as alternator or A/C

Very nice and good to see one being looked after and kept spotless. Goes to show how good the b16b's are, bullet proof :))

Nice project buddy ! :)
Don't you get the risk of cracking the manifold in the long term when heat wrapped ?

It shouldn't be much of a problem it has got strengthening plates on it so it should be quite a while before it does crack if it does and thats why i went with a tegiwa one and not a toda cos if it dose go its not as much money im losing out.

Back