onto engine number 3..........

stevenEK9

trackattack
soooooooooooooooooo where do i start! misshap with the machining of the block on the B18 build saw some scoring on the bores and the decision from me to part out the engine

been a busy couple of weeks

engine bay in its former glory :(

DSC_0245.jpg

then the strip down begun

292685_10151537203490713_840690712_23634230_476362029_n.jpg

out with the offending item

d91f01b5.jpg

going to miss this box! going into my mates integra, sure he will have alot of fun with it

268c3475.jpg

everything stripped

2dd3b80e.jpg

new engine arrived at the weekend, 51k mile k20a2 from R-motion. been compression / road tested which showed it should be a good strong engine :)

9890b929.jpg

slid it under into the engine bay for now

aba3688c.jpg

box and diff are here, box is a mint 40k mile uk ep3 one i picked up for cheap! diff is a brand new spoon 1.5 way job, just waiting on the oem 5.062FD to arrive and can get this built

9093d2c9.jpg

had a play about with the shifter and got it adjusted into a better position for me

a09f1074.jpg

bit of work on the box. stripped and inspected, all synchros and selectors are in tip top shape!

even though the FD hasn't arrived, decided to press the supplied bearings onto the spoon diff and fit it up to the box

38996ed0.jpg

this allowed me to check the shim size required for the new diff

a1e727d0.jpg

should have most work completed this weekend and almost ready to fire up, spec is

-uk K20A2 engine
-k-tuned billet shifter box and billet mounting plate
-k-tuned wiring harness
-hasport ekk2 70a mounts
-stitch welded dc2 subframe, front arms and rack rebushed with hardrace items
-hybrid racing dc2 radiator
-hybrid racing radiator hoses
-hybrid racing shifter cables
-k-tuned idle air assist delete
-hybrid racing fuel lines
-aeromotive fpr
-hybrid racing fuel rail
-buddy club sump baffle kit
-karcepts AC & PS delete kit
-skunk 2 megapower header
-RRC manifold ported to 70mm
-karcepts throttle body adapter
-karcepts 3" intake
-hybrid racing 70mm throttle body
-hondata inlet manifold gasket
-kpro 3 running oem dc5 wideband

-40k mile ep3 uk box
-spoon 1.5 way plate diff
-oem honda 5.062 final drive
-competition clutch 3.6kg flywheel
-competition clutch stage 2 clutch
-tegiwa shafts

Looks good mate, just bought a quaife LSD for my fn2. How much was the spoon diff plus will it be noisey?

Thats gona be an awesome build. I wish I could afford something like that. Good luck with it. Looking forward to updates!

Looks good mate, just bought a quaife LSD for my fn2. How much was the spoon diff plus will it be noisey?

Quaife will be perfect for road use! The spoon is a 1.5 way plated diff, so will be very aggressive and noisy. Had a spoon diff in the B series box and it was amazing, ideal for a track car

No Hanging about there Steven. :nice:

Will be awesome to see this :)

You don't hang about do you? Impressive stuff. :nice:

Build list is similar to mine Steven what's the pros and cons of the iacv block of? Good luck with the build mate

idle air assist, not idle air control!

idle air assist is located above the top radiator hose housing on the head with a hose going to the inlet manifold and another to the intake hose. when the coolant is cold this valve opens and allows air into the inlet manifold to assist idle, once the engine is up to temp the valve closes

as long as you have a proper functioning IACV this is not required, in it's place you can mount a 1/8" NPT temp probe for gauges with the k-tuned fixing

who's up for getting this money tree that steven has clearly been plucking from! lol Jokes aside this is going to be yet more awesome! :D

wow.
cant believe the sheer speed you work at
this build puts mine to shame already! cant wait to see the progress

This is great! Can't believe how quickly you have got things moving!

WOW, so quick in getting parts/engine together :drool:. Look forward to seeing this together and if your last build is to go by this will be MEGA :nice:.

idle air assist, not idle air control!

idle air assist is located above the top radiator hose housing on the head with a hose going to the inlet manifold and another to the intake hose. when the coolant is cold this valve opens and allows air into the inlet manifold to assist idle, once the engine is up to temp the valve closes

as long as you have a proper functioning IACV this is not required, in it's place you can mount a 1/8" NPT temp probe for gauges with the k-tuned fixing

Thanks for clearing that up Steven cheers

who's up for getting this money tree that steven has clearly been plucking from! lol Jokes aside this is going to be yet more awesome! :D

Selling all the B series parts paid for about 90% of the swap :)

Ferry leaves for Nurburgring trip on the 11th of July, so couldn't afford to slack about, haha

Last edited:
if the HR TB lets your flip the IACV 180 Degrees i would suggust that

Im not sure what clearance would be like on your car with the full size rad

Ive just put my RBC on and the IACV only just clears my single width dual core Koyo and i had to redrill the slam panel to pull the Rad as far forward as it would sit.

Selling all the B series parts paid for about 90% of the swap :)

Ferry leaves for Nurburgring trip on the 11th of July, so couldn't afford to slack about, haha

Did the cash actually land in you account:lol:
Looking good for your trip in July!

Murray

Back