rickirl's EJ9 Project Thread

rickirl

Picked this up at the end of the summer for good money

It's a blank canvas which is how I like it.!

It's a 1999 EK hatch with only 64k miles and a full Honda service history.!

Car is mint.!

Here are the plans:
- Lower on Springs or Coilovers - Done
- Jap Alloys - XXR 501's On car now
- Mugen Front Lip
- Type R Rear Lip
- Type R Grille - Done
- Tint Rear 3 Windows
- Colour Code the Number Plate Recess (Possibly get a Square Jap One)
- Change Headunit - Done
- Few stickers from thestickyrings - Have but not putting on yet until I have more bits done
- 50/50 Rear Lights
- JDM Fogs
- Remove the ' Honda ' , ' Civic ' and ' 1.4i ' Badges - Done
- Black Honda Badges - Done
- New Number Plates - Done
- Front & Rear Camber Arms - Fitting at end of month

Here's some pics when I got it:

3.jpg

1.jpg

DSCN0403.jpg

DSCN0404.jpg

DSCN0405.jpg

DSCN0406.jpg

DSCN0407.jpg

DSCN0410.jpg

DSCN0411.jpg

DSCN0416.jpg

DSCN0419.jpg

DSCN0412.jpg

First thing I went about doing was de-badging the boot:

BEFORE:

23.jpg

AFTER:

28.jpg

Then I got a Type-R Grille from a friend:

BEFORE:

DSCN0419.jpg

DSCN0404.jpg

AFTER:

DSCN0625.jpg

DSCN0626.jpg

Next, I got the car lowered 60mm at the front and 40mm at the back and picked up some new reg plates from Mon Plates in Carrigtwohill, very reasonable and well done imo:

BEFORE:

DSCN0405.jpg

DSCN0419.jpg

DSCN0419.jpg

DSCN0406.jpg

AFTER:

DSCN0627.jpg

DSCN0628.jpg

DSCN0629.jpg

DSCN0630.jpg

And here's a pic of the black Honda badge I got for the bootlid:

DSCN0631.jpg

Leave your comments here and let me know what ye think.!

Also if anyone has any of the parts I'm looking for don't be afraid to say so.!! :thumbup:

I picked up these XXR's last week, also got slim studs from Automania in Ballincollig and some spiggot rings:

BEFORE:
DSCN0629.jpg

AFTER:
DSCN0655.jpg

DSCN0653.jpg

DSCN0652.jpg

DSCN0660.jpg

DSCN0656.jpg

DSCN0657.jpg

DSCN0658.jpg

DSCN0659.jpg

the offset on those rims looks far too low bud...some "poke".

you will need to get it lower and tuck the tyres to pull it off :)

nice colour that,my other half has same colour on her ek3,"matador red".

goodluck with the changes :)

Ya man it doesn't look too bad in real life, getting them cambered at the end of the month though so should look a lot better.!

Thanks for the comment man.!

Suggestions are welcome.!

Last edited:
looks good fella. as stated needs properly stanced to pull those wheels off. look like 0 offset to me. with some slammage, camber and tuck it will look spot on.

looks good mate :) once the tyres are tucked in the arch will look class :) and with some major camber adjustment lol

love these xxr wheels really tempted after seein them on yours looks brill might buy a set myself for the summer. but dont you need to roll the arches to make it sit better? good progress mate :nice:

those wheels belong on old school jap stuff in my opinion. way out beyond the arch and the only way to fix it is with mega camber which will ruin your tyres in no time, not to mention it will handle like a bag of hammers. ofcourse this is all my person view and as long as you like it who cares!

those wheels belong on old school jap stuff in my opinion. way out beyond the arch and the only way to fix it is with mega camber which will ruin your tyres in no time, not to mention it will handle like a bag of hammers. ofcourse this is all my person view and as long as you like it who cares!

/\/\ Co-sign

Cheers for the comments lads.! I like the wheels tough.? Think they look mint on newer civics when cambered.! Should be installing camber kit soon if weather gets better.! :)

Thumbs down on the new wheels.
Sorry...:nono: Kind-a getto to me.

Last edited:
I really like the new RIMS:nice: Once its lowered a bit they will look even better! The width of them looks very cool

Good project car with low miles aswell

Cheers man.! Ya I really want to go lower :( The fella that lowered it for me suggested to do 40 at the back and it made sense at the time but now I really regret it.!!
It's def on the to-do list.!
It's lowered 60 at the front and with the roads around here I think that's enough because I will be puttin on a splitter aswell and I want to be able to drive normally without having to worry about every 2nd bump in the road.! :)

Got one of my rear camber arms done today, other one will be getting fitted in the morning.! Depending on the weather.! Happy with how the first one turned out, looks a lot better now with the tyre tucked in under the arch :)

Will try get pics tomorrow when I finish.!

Good stuff man! Looking forward to the cambered pics. Should be different anyways

Back