the resurection

deano

well from the start this is the beast in decent photoshoot taking on a thursday
30xkdv8.jpg

friday night :icon_punch: it got a smack
21buek0.jpg

so first things first, it had to go somewhere. so i got onto an oul friend who took her in gave her a roof over her head and started to undress,pretty soon it ended up naked
2qapeu1.jpg

fsww0.jpg

lucky the bang wasnt hard so no damage other than cosmetic and dented front panel.Rather than pulling it out i decided to do it right and go to honda and buy a new front panel.
2e0k5xg.jpg

after sourcing all genuine ek9 parts the fun began and we lined all up and tacked then welded the front panel in and sealed the welds. after that was a **** load of sanding and cleaning and the parts were ready for paint
noj5lx.jpg

33nvwjo.jpg

with the car masked and everything ready
2prh378.jpg

along came the paint and lacquer
6jhcts.jpg

all this was done after hours in spare time, with my friend doing bits during the day. and me scrapping money from everywhere for parts paint etc. so after 7weeks i was dying to see what it was gonna look like so we placed all exterior parts together (some still half sanded) and got this
sxy59w.jpg

after that the race was on and the garage doors shut getting quieter and quieter as the night went on. a week later on a sunday night she was started and on the button roared breaking the silence of the dark locked up yard.:hi:
and the mugen bumper waits alone waiting for its day to rise again
b81x1d.jpg

How did it get damaged?

two cars ahead of me evo and supra lads werent evactly good drivers. evo went off and the supra stopped on a blind corner in the middle of the road. min later i came along turned into the corner and as i turned i seen him stopped. was too late and to make things worse he had the cheek to claim my insurance so 4yrs ncb gone:angry:

read 7weeks then a week later... how long did it actually take to finish it? :( glad u got it sorted but its money u didnt have to spend... sum1 elses stupidity:angry:

read 7weeks then a week later... how long did it actually take to finish it? :( glad u got it sorted but its money u didnt have to spend... sum1 elses stupidity:angry:

tell me bout it man most sicking part is he got his car fixed out of my insurance.like these things happen but you be civalised and sort them out. it took 8 weeks altogether last week was putting it together, polishing, reconnecting rad wiring etc

to bad to here that man . i hope you can get your mugen bumper back in shape. at least you didn't get hurt.

to bad to here that man . i hope you can get your mugen bumper back in shape. at least you didn't get hurt.

i know suppose been okay is the main thing but once everyone is ok your attention turns to the car lol. the mugen bumper is fibre glass so is gonna be fixed in my mates spare time, while he is waiting on paint to dry etc

glad to see it fixed properly,too many civics gunthered together out there.pity though as the whole kit is mugen.at least youve nicer headlamps now though!and the shape off the jun style splitter suits the lines of the mugen kit more than any other splitter would have.

glad to see it fixed properly,too many civics gunthered together out there.pity though as the whole kit is mugen.at least youve nicer headlamps now though!and the shape off the jun style splitter suits the lines of the mugen kit more than any other splitter would have.

thats the only reason i got the jun one lol when mugen bumper is fixed it will be kept for special occasions lol yeah the lights are much nicer :D

Good come back :nice:

Put your car back to OEM and drop it, would look :drool:

dropping it is a thought ive had but there is mugen showa suspension non adjustable handles great and really smooth and comfortable be a shame to loose them and second the mugen skirts are low as is and i use speed bumps alot:angry: i thought of ek9 skirts and then lower but i dunno tbh. i agree 100% lower would be nicer

my old eg9 on d2s i figured the angle to take bumps and set to a scrape on exhaust i could live with and thats the height i left lol
335dsp3.jpg

^^i used to see that car every time i went to dundrum shopping centre in the car park a while back!

ha ha parked on its own away from everything i was first owner in ireland and sold it to fella from cork so must of been me
2r4judu.jpg

Back