>> DV8's EK9 <<

DV8

Donator
Donator
VIP Member
Well... thought it's about time I finally posted up in the Members Rides section. This is going to be a kind of My ride/Progress/Project thread (and it will also help me work out where all my money's gone....lol)...

Updates quick links:
Update 23/06/09
Update 24/06/09
Update 26/06/09
Update 27/06/09
Update 07/02/10
Update 28/02/10
Update 07/03/10

Anywhere here's what's happened so far:

85afb3e8.jpg

Completely standard when I picked it up last year :secret:

Then apart from fitting a UK spec headunit and a bit of tidying not much else until:

Zorst.jpg

5zigen Miracle Fireball - which was far too loud and then was replaced with:

ca10761c.jpg

18127919.jpg

5zigen Pro Racer ZZ system, few more baffles and a lot more livable.

P4210268.jpg

Next up a set of 16" Advan Racing RG's (that weren't in the best condition ever) + Some 5zigen Pro Racer Nuts... I detect a theme. Lol

P4250285.jpg

Next up sorted the breathing out with a J's Racing Tchuchickuchinoko Intake:
P5170353.jpg

------------------------------------

After all this the paintwork was looking a bit dull so I set on it with a Megs Orbital Polisher and spent about 10 hours sorting the thing out in my nans garage. :nerv:. Can post the process & products used if anyone's interested.

PA040814.jpg

PA040811.jpg

PA040815.jpg

PA040821.jpg

Lights Cut & Polished...
PA040822.jpg

PA040833.jpg

------------------------------------

Anyway.. enough polishing, back to the parts. Meanwhile the car's had a full service + some socks and blue leads...
P2151077.jpg

And some BC Racing coilovers to tighten the ride up even more:
P2151074.jpg

P2151068.jpg

Also the RG's were now looking even worse so after much deliberating I finally decided on a colour for the refurb:

P5051164.jpg

P5051144.jpg

CW White with a red stripe

@Japfest 09 + Made up stickers
P5161212.jpg

P5161211.jpg

Will hopefully try to get some better pics up of the wheels fitted...

Last edited:
Update 23/06/09

Fitted my Spoon elbow over the weekend (thanks to TMUS) to replace the J's Intake (fancied a change). Replaced the standard filter with an Apexi and also added a feed into the side of the bumper. :)

P1000266.jpg

P1000265.jpg

Coming soon - ARC (Rep) Splitters, BC Camber Kit, Clutch & New Brakes

Last edited:
Sick!!...Love it dude:nice:. Have you got any vids of what it sounds like with the zz system?

What have you got planned for her next?

Looking very good man, love the wheels.

Thanks mate, took me forever to layout the type (Advan logo) to a curve in Adobe Illustrator and then fit them... was worth it though :nice:

Sick!!...Love it dude:nice:. Have you got any vids of what it sounds like with the zz system?

What have you got planned for her next?

Thanks man, no video's sadly mate. Tried to do some on my phone but they were rubbish....

Next are the ARC front splitters (again with custom stickers as I refuse to pay £25 for a sticker). Satin black pain is drying as we speak. :clap:

Nice DJdosile :)

How does the Spoon elbox contributed with the stock airbox compare to the J's intake? :nice:

stunning mate, congratulations, beautiful ek9!

can you post up your review on going from j`s back to spoon elbow?!?!

minty fresh, didnt like the wheels before but they're growin on me!
few q's, how was the j's intake? better/worse than the spoon elbow/std intake?
i am thinkin about doing a similar feed to the bumper, does it work?
oh and the 5zigen, is she any good? loud? expensive:D
again nice ride!

Thanks everyone... :)

Re: J's - Spoon. Seems to pull better pre and early into the VTEC. Not quite as good at the Top end of the VTEC. Obviously there's also a massive change in noise levels. Lol ;). Feed seems to work fine, if you can bring yourself to cut a hole in the bumper like EK9dan has or have a facelift with a hole it should be even better :p

Re: 5zigen ZZ - Have a squiz through this thread. Although since then I've added a baffled de-cat + 5zigen 4-2-1 which makes it slightly louder ;)

Last edited:
Update 24/06/09

P6241342.jpg

jpar196 - ARC Repo Splitters. Arrived to me unpainted and obviously without stickers. Had to drill the holes (plus the holes in the bumper) and then rub them down > prime > satin black. Also refuse to pay £25 for a set of genuine stickers so designed them myself from some awkwardly angled photo's.

P6241345.jpg

Pretty pleased with them over all... fitting on Sat, will post some pics when they're on. :nice:

Last edited:
sweet, so go for the cheaper spoon elbow and pipe combo:p

hi mate.

sweet looking ek9 :nice:

i have just got mine and it is similiar to how your's was at one point - 5zigen Fireball and J's Racing Intake. How does the new exhaust sound as I know what you mean, when you say the Fireball is loud!!

Also, I would be interested in knowing how you cleaned your headlights as mine have the same light brown tint at the moment!!

Thanks in advance.

Andy

hi mate.

sweet looking ek9 :nice:

i have just got mine and it is similiar to how your's was at one point - 5zigen Fireball and J's Racing Intake. How does the new exhaust sound as I know what you mean, when you say the Fireball is loud!!

Also, I would be interested in knowing how you cleaned your headlights as mine have the same light brown tint at the moment!!

Thanks in advance.

Andy

Thanks mate, the easiest way to explain the noise is the same as MFB but quieter if that makes sense?

The lights were done with a Meguiars Dual Action Polisher - Cutting Pad and Cutting compound:

G220_plug.jpg

If your doing it by hand then you can't beat Autosol though, couple of passes with that and then a pass with standard polish (like Autoglym SRP) and finally maybe a coat of your favourite wax to seal it all in. :)

Back