my trip to chipwizards.... car finally mapped

flybikeslee

dyno4.jpg

nice day down in Rochdale today, went to see Wayne Schofield at chipwizards after being booked in for over a month, hes a busy guy! all mapped on apexi now, was there a good few hours, good banter. Car feels excellent to drive now, very smooth and actually have a limiter now! no horrid flatspots and pulls great throughout the range. Wayne did advise a set of verniers to adjust the inlet cam a tad so may look into some for the future.

spec is a poormans type R

B18c4 Block
B16a2 head
B16b Cams, Valve springs and retainers
B18c Pistons,rods inlet and TB
Buddyclub 0.5 HG
Comptech Exhaust mani
Hks panel Filter
Twincore leads
Apexi FC
Standard Airbox
Still has the Cat in place to keep on the friendly side of emissions

Rolled a decent 195bhp at the flywheel and approx 135lb torque
and near enough 160Whp. which isnt too shabby

dyno2.jpg

dyno1.jpg

dyno3.jpg

Thats deadly man, get some more pics up of your car too. Looks amazing in those photo's! :nice:

nice result there bud :nice:

any graphs that show bhp and revs on one page?

might show us bit more about how the engine is performing,where is your
tec set at?

you should get a cold air feed on that air box and make a direct flow pipe :nice:

vtec is set at a lowly 3800.... feels a lot smoother to drive though and is easier to keep in the power range, i will invest in a hand controller as the motorway wont take too kidly to it being set so low. ill be heat wrapping the manifold soon enough :)

3800 seems miles too low,,,,,,,,,,,, seems you have a nice linear power delivery however

that was the best place for it to be making the power, i said it seemed to low aswell but i really cant argue with the way it drives!

i thought one of my maps was low at 4500 !!!!

i switched back to 5800 one as lower tec was "getting in my way",but yes its
far easier keeping the power on with the lower setting.

it used to be set to 4500 but didnt feel as smooth, my old hondata used to be set really low aswell, ill see how it is to live with and may get it altered if it annoys me

Back