Snake attack!!

haitch

Donator
Donator
Hah! Nothing so dramatic, just my new Cobra Imola is in! Mounted on a Buddy club subframe, original seatbelt mount still in use. Pictures show the mounting points, may help others. I am now locked in the seat, no more being shaken about, lower too so you feel 'In' the car :D

pic1 - drivers side
pic 2 - rears
pic 3 - transmission mount point

Attachments

• $cobra2.JPG
    $cobra2.JPG
    90.4 KB · Views: 297
  • $cobra3.JPG
    $cobra3.JPG
    114.8 KB · Views: 284
  • $cobra4.JPG
    $cobra4.JPG
    114.7 KB · Views: 314
  • $cobra5.JPG
    $cobra5.JPG
    100.1 KB · Views: 294
  • $cobra6.JPG
    $cobra6.JPG
    122.6 KB · Views: 283
^Those lemon sweets should come with a health warning! :D

Great info,

"transmission mount point"

Is that an original mount point?

looks good! Whats the buckle like? push or twist release? I couldnt see it in the pics.

LOL @ lemon sweets heheh

nice!!! so it is better than the Recaro? any down points? apart from not reclineable?

NielsH - The transmission mount point is basically an eye & plate welded on so not 'original'.

EK9turbo - The buckle is twist & release, its a very good quality harness (previously owned a Sabelt). When you can buy two of these for the price of one Takata, enough said for me (prefer the yellow & black too), just on the lookout for some Schroth shoulder pads, as with all harnesses I have tried - when tightened fully for the track they dig in slightly. Will take a pic of the buckle when I get the car back.

Tmus! - The Cobra is a far better seat for me. The Recaros let down is the lateral movement around the ribs, at the shoulder it is much the same. It is a very snug fit and long journeys are comfortable, awsome on the track. I have left the Recaro for the passenger side to allow access. But the Cobra is mounted on a Buddyclub subframe which still allows sliding movement, the main advantage is its lower so driving position is correct now. The only downside is the door side has worn with a small tear where I slide into the seat, similar to the damage you usually see to the oem bolster.

Kipper - The mats are of good quality for the weight and fit and they dont wrinkle like the Brides I had before - however the drivers heel patch has worn VERY quickly so would not recomend.

Back