Facelift Double Din Dash

Ramz007

Hey guys, im looking to fit a EK9 Facelift double din dash into my EJ9.

Am i correct in thinking that i need everything as in Dash, Loom, Blowers and Heater Matrix?

Im preety sure i need the Dash and Loom obviously but not sure if i can use my current blowers and heater matrix

(My heater matrix is leaking thus im planning to take the dash out anyways)

Thanks for your help!

Yep i need help on this aswell, would it be a straight swap into my jordan ek4 facelift vti?? Or do i need to get looms or do wiring??

Think there was a thread on this recently as I believe the way I'm about to say isnt totally necessary.

You need -

Facelift panel & loom
The two left hand boxes of the heater system
The two motors for the air con & the heater matrix

I didn't change the centre heater matrix just added the motor to it so that it ran from the new loom.

You need to change the temp sendor from the aircon unit as the plug is different. Should be fairly straight forward. I managed mine in an hour or two including removal of boxes.

Thanks bud.

Yeah i assumed you needed everything.

What if ive removed aircon, will i still need the temp sender...like will it throw up a cel code?

I think im gonna get it all neways since my heater matrix needs changing

Not sure ramz. I swapped it out because there was a plug for it. I assume it's for the climate control element. I.e being 20 degrees when you turn the knob to 20 degrees.

Not 100% though.

Chap above - no it's not. You can swap a prefacelift ek9 dash into a facelift and prefacelift.

But not the facelift ek9. It's all different

i have a complete facelift console with elecontronics for sale if you're interrested - let me know!
See here:
FOR SALE: Genuine EK9 climate console with electronics | JDMjunkies.ch

If you have an RHD car it shouldn't be too much problems but because everything is electronic (And EJ9 has wires for controlling heater, blower, etc..) you need to swap the complete A/C system (Heater, blower, controls, electronics,..).
If you have a LHD car it's getting much more worse because the holes in the firewall won't fit. but i've seen LHD cars with swapped in EK9 A/C too.

Last edited:
Thanks for your reply

I need the WHOLE dash mate, not just the climate controls :)

Thanks i have sourced parts but jus seeing what any1 else has before i buy it.

Just to confirm, do i need the interior loom aswell?

Or jus the dash loom for the climate controls?

Cheers

you will need to loom going to blower motor and 2 brackets need changing on the heater matrix if your not getting it

Thanks for your reply

I need the WHOLE dash mate, not just the climate controls :)

Thanks i have sourced parts but jus seeing what any1 else has before i buy it.

No you don't, you have a lhd? I have a ek9 console in my lhd same dash!

We're RHD Tico.

The dash for facelift (any other EK) are the same i believe as prefacelift.

Only the EK9 Facelift double din is different, so he does need the whole dash

No no, i think you can use just the climate controls but the ek9 dash is BLACK and mine is GREY ;)

Id rather have it all black!

Andy, do you know which looms i exactly need?

Thanks

you need loom going to blower motor, as there is a motor that is different.
a motor also goes onto the bottom on the heater matrix with a little hook that goes onto the 2 brackets i mentioned earlier that need to be changed.
then you need the double din console and loom.

also need vent feeds changing.
dont need to change blower motor and heater matrix.
my mate has done it like this.

hth

As above Ramz, you need only the loom for the double din unit.

Its only one loom buddy and should come with the panel unit depending on where you get it from.

Remember the two brackets and a hook system, i think i may still have pictures of it lol

Thanks guys, its easier then i thought :)

I have the loom, blowers and heater matrix now. Just need the dash panels :)

Im changing the heater matrix anyways as mines leaking :(

Thanks so much guys, i hope this also helps people in the future. Ill post pics of how i get on soon!

Back