water leak

ziggydriver

hi,i was wonderinf if anybody couls shed some light on this topic,i have an ek4 with facelift rear lights and when ever it rains,i get left with a puddle of water in my boot,can anyone help me

This problem is 99% from the damaged tale lights gaskets.
Change the gaskets from the lights or put some silicone there.

hi,i was wonderinf if anybody couls shed some light on this topic,i have an ek4 with facelift rear lights and when ever it rains,i get left with a puddle of water in my boot,can anyone help me

I got this on my EK9 the other day. Identify which side is leaking first and remove the rear headlights. Give the whole area a clean and apply some silicone sealant around the headlight seals and put it back into place.

So far after several days of heavy/light rain nothing has leaked into my boot :D

Give that a try and let us know how you get on.

Andy

Andy glad you got it sorted then and pleased I could help.
Dunx

I had this issue when I first purchased my ej6. I replaced the rear tail light gaskets with new ones from Honda, siliconed them to the lights but not to the car and still had severe leaking.
I found that the majority of the water was coming from the cabin vents under the tail lights. They have a poor gasket design that allows water pooling which then runs into the car. I removed the vents, cleaned them well, put some gasket maker/sealer on the gasket (which is no more than a strip of thin foam tape) and reassembled. I haven't had any leaking, not even a drip since (9+ months).

Last edited:
Back