How do I shorten the car's antenna?

Michael Flare

My Final Heaven
I have a 1996 Honda Civic Hatchback [USDM], and I want to know how I could shorten the factory antenna.

Basically, I want my antenna to look like this car's:

ek9_l.jpg

Push it all the way in without unscrewing that black holder thing? Will I break something by just pushing it all the way down till the tip reaches the black holder?

Last edited:
Yeah pushes right down, i've done it to mine, might be a bit stiff but it will go!!

Geez man. I just snapped the antenna in half. I pulled the bottom half back out and used wires to ground the antenna to the car's frame. Then I'm gonna pull the bottom half back down. I hope the reception doesn't suck. Dang, man.

you could aways pick up an amplified window antenna that would go on the inside of your car. you can put it under the headliner and you will be able to get reception. and then pick up the antenna block off plate found here.

Grounding it to the car didn't actually work very well so I made my own antenna out of speaker wire. I made it into a length that is the length of the roof of the car and kept pushing the wire so it would go through the side of the roof. The hole I pushed the wire through is underneath the black antenna holder [antenna plate]. It worked as if I still had my original antenna. LOL

Last edited:
Geez man. I just snapped the antenna in half. I pulled the bottom half back out and used wires to ground the antenna to the car's frame. Then I'm gonna pull the bottom half back down. I hope the reception doesn't suck. Dang, man.

Bad luck man, mine pushed in ok. It's telescopic and retracts three times iirc

Back