cleaning lights

tidyneil

Donator
Donator
i was using meguires scratch x today on my bonnet and got a bit on my headlamps, so when i cleaned it off it brought them up really well, my headlamps looked very dull and i was goin to order new ones but after using scratch x on them they look really good, just a little tip for ya's

Thanks for the tip, was just about to post a new thread asking for the best products for such a job as i'm planning on painting my headlights the weekend and am planning to clean the casing as well :nice:

My headlights were badly faded, I recently applied Megs Scratch X' on my headlights, it got rid of some yellowness but started to come back after 1 week.

T-Cut does the same thing. maybe better?
The red bottle with white liquid.

4108H9Z3MKL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

Last edited:
not the best but here they are anyway, the pic of both lights is the after shot

hmm i'll try again

Attachments

• $DSC01640.jpg
    $DSC01640.jpg
    264.9 KB · Views: 293
  • $DSC01657.jpg
    $DSC01657.jpg
    203.6 KB · Views: 338
Thanks for the pics guys. Did any of you, use any special cutting application pads atall? Also how long did you leave stuff on the lights for?

i just used a meguires pad and left it on for a minute or so, simple really, wish id discovered it a few weeks back

Meguirs PlastiX or Plasti X, ask in halfords for it. does work with alot of effort. tried some on my fiancee's supra lights (common problem with imports) and it shifted most of the yellow off them, it will get all of it off if you try hard enough, lol

Thanks for the pics guys. Did any of you, use any special cutting application pads atall? Also how long did you leave stuff on the lights for?

i used it, basically put the TCUT on your headlights, leave for about 5-10 mins, then buff off with a cotton cloth, then wax it same way to seal shine ;)

Autoglym metal polish works a treat aswell :)

i used it, basically put the TCUT on your headlights, leave for about 5-10 mins, then buff off with a cotton cloth, then wax it same way to seal shine ;)

Autoglym metal polish works a treat aswell :)

Cool. I used mer on mine a couple if weeks back, but only one headlamp came out like new.
I'll give this method a try though defo.Thanks bro

Last edited:
remember to do the treatment of T-cut, once you have cleaned and dried your headlights with car shampoo ;)

get quite aggressive to see good results

Funny you should mention car shampoo. I'm actually looking into some new cleaning products at the moment too, especially wax(my paint needs resurrection).....but hey thats another thread man lol.

could you not use t-cut to get the yellow off aswell??i have one really yellow headlight from when i imported it !

Back