Undersealing

aRc

Former EK9 owner!
Hello,

I've had the ek9 for two weeks now and loving it. After taking it to TDI-North yesterday for a general inspection, they recommended I should underseal it.

There are a few threads on here about this and a product called 'Waxoyling'?!

Could anyone on here recommend a good place in or around Manchester who do this? or should I have a go myself?! If do by myself, can someone advise me what to use and how to do it correct? where to 'paint' and where not to!

I assumed this would have been done by previous owners but after a friendly chat with Dunc - who originally imported the car - it may not have been.

Any help, suggestions and advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Andy

Last edited:
Can anyone help with this at all? I've tried to find stuff through Google but there appears to be very little.

Any help would be greatly appreciated :)

Thanks.

Andy

i done mine myself buddy, it is messy, but you need to do it. It cost me about £30 to be honest
£20 for a 5 litre can of underseal/waxoyl (which will do 2 to 3 cars)
£10 for the jumbo spray attachment.
Then a couple quid for degreaser.

Halfords

I took my time, 3 days in total. day 1, to strip it and degrease and mask the cars body work. Leave it over night to dry. Best to do it now in the hot summer ;)
Day 2 check its all dry and spray!
Day 3 put everything back together!

Tips;

*Best to do it on a ramp, thats if you have access to one, if not, do it on axle stands, but you may struggle to spray the underbody of the car.
**Lay down lots of cardboard, it does go everywhere.

Last edited:
Back