how is the center console removed?

WAZ-4169

fcuk ur 16 astra!!!
a friend offered to make me a carbon fibre center console for free, all he needs is a mould... just having a little bother removing mine... does anyone know of a thread on how to do this or can someone make a detailed one? pictures of clips and screws would be appretiated... its only a 1.4i but i still dont want to break anything...

thanks in advance:nice:

Philips screw driver is you friend :p

just a guess somewhere around 8 screws

easy, just take off the part under the steeing wheel (4 screws i believe) with phillip head. #2. take off the park on glove box (4 screws and which 2 of them are under glove box so u have to open the glove box to see it.). You will have to pull the glove box out of its place and leave it hanging. #3. remove the center where AC power is on the 2 sides and pull it out, then disconnect the cgarate lighter. 4. there should be screws underneath and need to be remove after u take off that middle piece

let me know if u need more info, i took mine off a while ago so i dont reember exactly but i know i can do it again

What trips people up for the 96-98 versions are the two screws behind the defog and hazard switches at the top of the center console. Take out the two switches, remove the last two screws if you've taken everything else out you can see.

oh yea thats right DIno, i forgot about that. THat took me a while to figured out back then

might sound stupid but how do u get the hazard and heated rear window switches off in the 1st place? my bulb gone in the heated window 1 anyway was guna put the a/c bulb in it as ive no a/c but the bulb still lights up... ill give it all a go. if i can get the pictures to upload ill take pictures of any screws and clips involved in removing it...

Back