Car Antenna?

kagetora01

ReD HatCH
can somebody tell me how to remove the antenna of my ej6.... well first i tried to remove the two screw,and after that i still cant pull the antenna out...:( can some one help me!!

thanks

depends how long and skinny your arms are ;) i think it would be easiest to remove the radio first, you'll see the antenna wire is plugged into the back of it, usually in the lower corner.

You should go ahead and unscrew the plastic interior panels on the underside of the dash, to give you easy access to the antenna lead. Unplug the antenna from the radio (if you're looking at the radio from the front, the plug is on the back left, it plugs in like a mini cigarette lighter plug)
Trace the wire back from the plug all the way to the antenna itself, there may be 1 more spot near the under dash fuse box where there is another break in the wire.

You should go ahead and unscrew the plastic interior panels on the underside of the dash, to give you easy access to the antenna lead. Unplug the antenna from the radio (if you're looking at the radio from the front, the plug is on the back left, it plugs in like a mini cigarette lighter plug)
Trace the wire back from the plug all the way to the antenna itself, there may be 1 more spot near the under dash fuse box where there is another break in the wire.

after I unpluged it....mmmm can I just pull the antenna from the outside with its wires... or maybe cut the wires...is this a good idea?

Can I ask why you want to remove the antenna? :confused:

Ive seen these removed b4, as many ppl dont listen to the radio @ all...

replacing antena with plastic cover or covering it on workshop... makes the car look smoother:nice:

however i kep mine for the odd day i might listen to radio! :D

btw: does ek9 bring antena? :thanks:

after I unpluged it....mmmm can I just pull the antenna from the outside with its wires... or maybe cut the wires...is this a good idea?

You might be able to, but if you follow the wire back from the radio to the antenna you might find its fastened by clips in places, and there may be another point where it unplugs near the interior fuse box.

Can I ask why you want to remove the antenna? :confused:

there you go... he answers it...:D

Ive seen these removed b4, as many ppl dont listen to the radio @ all...

replacing antena with plastic cover or covering it on workshop... makes the car look smoother:nice:

however i kep mine for the odd day i might listen to radio! :D

btw: does ek9 bring antena? :thanks:

I don't listen to radio too, because songs in the radio are sucks....:angry2:

You might be able to, but if you follow the wire back from the radio to the antenna you might find its fastened by clips in places, and there may be another point where it unplugs near the interior fuse box.

I see....thanks blinx and dino-spumoni.....:) I will try that! i will give you guys a shout if im lost again....:nice:

i removed my antenna and had it shaved smooth, then i used an internal antenna with a booster that sits in the a pillar, works ok but it looks great!

Back