dc2- ek9 recaros?

supernova

Hey guys, just wanting to know if they are exactly the same especially the bolt holes onto the rails. Did a search but no definate answers... Will a dc2 recaro bolt straight onto an ek9 rail or i heard is one of the bolt holes an inch off?

Also will a passenger seat be the exact same as a driver seat except that the recline adjuster will be on the different side?

Thanks.

DC2 rails wont go into an EK9

DC2 seats will go onto EK9 rails though and then those EK9 rails will go in your EK9

DC2 rails will go into an EK9, but only 3/4 holes line up, so it's not advised!

ok, so its 3 of the 4 bolts on the dc2 rail that don't line up to the ek9 chassis and not the dc2 seat with the ek9 rail?

Also any feedback on the passenger side seat and driver seat? cheers!

1 of the 4 holes dont line up with the dc2 rail into an ek car, all you hav to go is cut a slot were the hole doent line up. the washer on the bolt reaches it and no more! i done this in my ej9, holds it well , no movement.

I know this thread is old, and this subject has been beaten to ****, but does anyone have pics of their modded dc2 rails? I have these rails in my car, and plan to go to the junk yard and cut the legs off some civic seats and weld them to mine so can have a OEM appearance with the plastic bolt cover. post some ideas.

I no im bringing this thread back from the dead but just to make 100% sure that you can modify a DC2 rail to fit an EK9 as "mugencivic", and its pretty straight forward yes! Going buying one so want to make sure it will do!

:please: Confirm

I no im bringing this thread back from the dead but just to make 100% sure that you can modify a DC2 rail to fit an EK9 as "mugencivic", and its pretty straight forward yes! Going buying one so want to make sure it will do!

:please: Confirm

yes you can modify dc2 rails to fit in a EK.

my friend actually has some modified rails on his dc2 Recaros in his EK.

RecaroDCEKRailBolt1.jpg

RecaroDCEKRailBolt2.jpg

IMO thats not safe

The rail requires an extra piece welded on and then drilled out to suit where the hole is.

I wouldnt recommend doing the same as above, you might aswell have no bolt there

yes you can modify dc2 rails to fit in a EK.

my friend actually has some modified rails on his dc2 Recaros in his EK.

RecaroDCEKRailBolt1.jpg

RecaroDCEKRailBolt2.jpg

Very useful information, thanks for clearing up the query!!:thanks:

IMO thats not safe

The rail requires an extra piece welded on and then drilled out to suit where the hole is.

I wouldnt recommend doing the same as above, you might aswell have no bolt there

Agree with you Dunsy, i will weld on a piece to make up the difference!

Back