Quick and easy question

IntermaN

EK9 Rx
Donator
Hi,
Not sure if if this is the correct place to post this but I have a quick question that I am not too sure of. I need to jack up my car and place the front on axel stands, thing is the place where you normally jack the car up is the same place where the axel stands go. Can you jack up the car by placing it under the front lower control arm?

I have attached a picture and circled the area, its not a civic(too hard to find):
attachment.php

If that is not the correct place can someone advise me where to jack my car up please?

Admin feel free to move this post.

Thanks in advance
Andy

Attachments

• $ma70undercarriage.jpg
    $ma70undercarriage.jpg
    118.6 KB · Views: 2,895
Last edited by a moderator:
jack the car up at the usual jacking points and put your axel stands there at the pivot end of the arms where you have circled

It should be safe to work under the car then or shall I put something else under the car just incase?

It should be safe to work under the car then or shall I put something else under the car just incase?

No it should be absolute perfect there:nice:
Just place the axel stand head pointing to the wheel .

If you are still iffy or working on un-even ground , just place your wheels under the sills so if the car does shift , the wheels will keep it off the ground and you!

Back