EJ9 realistic insurance?

2Slow2Sensible

Proud EJ9 Owner
Donator
Hey fellas, I tried searching up the forum to see "realistic" projected insurance figures for an EJ9.

For now, it's completely stock bar a few air fresheners :angry:
but having turned 21 and planning on waiting out to get at least 1 years NCB, what sort of EJ9 insurance prices could I be looking at if I were to mod it?
This will obviously vary by numerous factors, but I live in a safe area, not too far out in the sticks and really only use the car to get to work with the occasional outing. about 12k miles yearly.

Plans are to put some alloys, suspension goodies and an engine swap (realistic mods which I plan to undertake starting 2015 due to saving up)

If anyone has had experience with going from standard to a modded car with insurance lemme know! I wanna keep everything legit, squeaky clean as I'm a stern believer that keeping things tidy means a bite on the arse will always be avoided.

Why don't you try one of the comparison websites and add some modifications?

Why don't you try one of the comparison websites and add some modifications?

They currently come back as not able to insure which sucks arse lol and ringing my current insurer with "yeh I'm looking to see how much my insurance would be with these modifications.." could put me in some hot water

Alright mate,
Try greenlight car insurance. They have a modified car scheme and give good prices, although they may need you to have at least 1 year no claims.
Or try Adrian flux, who I am currently insured with, they also give very good prices on modified/import cars.
Just ring either of them up and explain you have an ej9 that you are thinking of modifying and are looking for a quote to see if it's affordable.
Most comparison websites won't give a price so you will have to ring each company individually to find out a price. And to be honest a lot of companies don't like modified cars and will charge extortionate prices as I found out.
In regards price, I'm not sure, you will just have to ring and find out but would likely be under £1000? Could be a lot less than that though

Last edited:
Try green light. My ek9 with all my mods is £528 a year, is with 4k mileage though. All mods are free to add except power mods, so I'll find out how good they are come turbo time lol

Thanks for the replies guys! I'll be going quite hard on the EJ9 once the time comes, I've got a few things already stored away waiting to go on but I'm not risking going uninsured for my sake and the sake of others :)

planning for around 200bhp and a 900-1000kg weight

I'd like to think it's possible

That's what I had In the first 9. Moved fairly well

It depends on personal circumstances. Everyone will be different. But I do sometimes wonder if the place is ran by monkeys. £500 to insure on my ej9, 450 on my ek9. Yeah.. 450 bananas!

Hey fellas, I tried searching up the forum to see "realistic" projected insurance figures for an EJ9.

For now, it's completely stock bar a few air fresheners :angry:
but having turned 21 and planning on waiting out to get at least 1 years NCB, what sort of EJ9 insurance prices could I be looking at if I were to mod it?
This will obviously vary by numerous factors, but I live in a safe area, not too far out in the sticks and really only use the car to get to work with the occasional outing. about 12k miles yearly.

Plans are to put some alloys, suspension goodies and an engine swap (realistic mods which I plan to undertake starting 2015 due to saving up)

If anyone has had experience with going from standard to a modded car with insurance lemme know! I wanna keep everything legit, squeaky clean as I'm a stern believer that keeping things tidy means a bite on the arse will always be avoided.

We can happily help with a quote once you have 1yrs NCB. We can put it on a modified vehicle policy as well so you can tweek it throughout the year. Ideally with only the 1yrs NCB you will want to keep it below 180hp for the best premium.

Once you have owned it for a year then you could increase to 200+hp as the prices will be a lot more reasonable.

WHen its 21 days before your policy is due definately get in touch and i'll look at a quote for you personally.

In looking at your very rough details id of thought the price would be coming out around £900-£1000. This is just a very rough guesstimate.

Cheers
Neil

Try green light. My ek9 with all my mods is £528 a year, is with 4k mileage though. All mods are free to add except power mods, so I'll find out how good they are come turbo time lol

Cheers Mate :nice:

Drop me a PM when the Turbo is ready and i'll sort it for you personally. Think you will be pleased with our prices on the Turbo conversion.

Cheers
Neil

We can happily help with a quote once you have 1yrs NCB. We can put it on a modified vehicle policy as well so you can tweek it throughout the year. Ideally with only the 1yrs NCB you will want to keep it below 180hp for the best premium.

Once you have owned it for a year then you could increase to 200+hp as the prices will be a lot more reasonable.

WHen its 21 days before your policy is due definately get in touch and i'll look at a quote for you personally.

In looking at your very rough details id of thought the price would be coming out around £900-£1000. This is just a very rough guesstimate.

Cheers
Neil

Considering I pay £1400 at the moment for insurance on a stock EJ9, 900-1000 or even the same £1400 with mods is reasonable. IF I do go down the B16 engine swap route, it'll be left standard for a while, it'll be more a case of taking it a part, getting everything back to 'new' condition and making sure it's as sturdy as possible so power realistically I'd be looking at 150-165bhp with breather mods. I'd back this up with a dyno as it'll be a daily as mentioned. Either way, cheers for the input mate, will definitely be giving you guys a ring in a few months time :)

Considering I pay £1400 at the moment for insurance on a stock EJ9, 900-1000 or even the same £1400 with mods is reasonable. IF I do go down the B16 engine swap route, it'll be left standard for a while, it'll be more a case of taking it a part, getting everything back to 'new' condition and making sure it's as sturdy as possible so power realistically I'd be looking at 150-165bhp with breather mods. I'd back this up with a dyno as it'll be a daily as mentioned. Either way, cheers for the input mate, will definitely be giving you guys a ring in a few months time :)

No Worries :))

Back