Girl needs advice-newbie

That1girl

So my fiance has a 98? Honda ek9 type R. Hope I got that right. It's his baby & his bday is coming up. I'm wanting to get him new racing seats & needs suggestions. They could be swaps from another car or bought online. Just need to know what kind they need to be or what swaps match? Help please!

That's epic! Wish my girlfriend would buy me seats secretly!
We need to know your budget and the size of your fiancé (waist size nothing else!)
This allows us to price a decent seat for you that he will actually fit in.

If it's an ek9 it should have the red recaro seats already?

Yh if its already got recaros id maybe look into another part of the car? Or are you set on seats for him?

If this is for real then that's pure awesome! :D Also - do the seats need to recline, or can they be fixed (or rather - are there still rear seats in the car or have they been removed?) Post a picture of his car, so that we can confirm what it is and what would be the best route to take!

I'll get in before lee and say the mandatory "picture of yourself"

Haha. yes this is real & yes I'm super awesome I know. I can't post pics of his car tho in case he stumbles across this & figures it out, but I will definitely post after pics. His interior is mostly removed including back seats & the back is gutted just has 2 front seats. So either 1 or a pair. Maybe looking to spend $300? or so. His seats now are nothing special trust me he will want them replaced. & yes I want them to be red/black & waist size 40-42"? sounds about right :) Thanks guys!

Also how much time do you think it would take to actually change them out? Could I do it myself (I'm pretty auto savvy) or should I hire someone?

Big fella then 42" waist.
Going to struggle to find a bucket seat he'll fit in. Take it he doesn't have these in his civic

They are the standard ek9 seats. Will be expensive to get to America.

Status Racing seats, available from Adam at 6TWO1.com, although by you speaking in US dollars i'm guessing you're stateside

You'll probably have more luck on a forum with more American users. Most of us here are from the uk so won't be able to help you with American purchases. I can tell you you won't get a set of recaros for $300. That's cheap for a set in £ over here where they are more common.
Leaves you with a bucket type seat, his waist size is the next problem. They make wider seats for "fuller" people but these aren't as common and more expensive. I'd probably check out eBay tbh.

Yes I'm in the US. I will keep researching for a good fit. Mugen is good right? If they make something his size. He's really not as big as he sounds just beer belly lol. Thanks for all the info

He's into his named brands I take it? Not sure mugen make seats.
Your seat manufacturer for people who love Japanese brands is Bride.
Quite fitting that his fiancé should buy him some Bride seats actually. Early wedding gift?
Beware that Japanese people tend to be quite small and there seats are designed to fit them.

My dad(36") waist struggled to fit in my race seat when I had it. He would fit, but was tight.

Last edited:
I found some that are supposed to be Mugen on ebay, but I will look into Bride as well

Bride's are famed for being 'bit-crushers' sold my Ergo2 after a month of it being installed. I do want children one day. I agree with Jesse though american forum will be the way forward!

I have a 34" waist and use a wide fitting (gt width) Cobra Sebring seat, beyond 38" you'd struggle id think.

There must BE some wide seats!

As stated Status seat do a lager bucket and look the part too :nice:

Back