Swapping to S2000 from EG/EK

tama666

VIP Member
VIP Member
In the last 2 years Ive found that more and more of my track buddies adding to or swapping over to the S2000 from their civics. Much like myself, some had K20 conversions in their EG or EK, some still had the B setups.

Not sure if this is local to just me in California, just wondering if others on the forum are seeing the same thing. I do know its getting harder to find S2000's on the market worth investing into.

There is one person I know who bought an S2000 and liked it soo much that he sold his 2000 civic SI with a k20R swap for the reason that he just did not want to drive the civic over the s2000 anymore. Stating that the S2000 was just so much better.

Anywho-- thoughts, issues, bashing... are all welcome so type away folks!
:wow:

The only S2000 I have drove was a friends that was stock with no geo setup I personally didnt like it as it was very twitchy.

However from what I read once they are well set up they are a great car.

Dont see many modified ones in the UK however.

I think the s2000 looks great, and it probably drives the same too, but for me I think there are other more interesting RWD cars out there. As for FWD though, you will never see me in anything else but a Honda.

iv done this....and then did the reverse

if your kswapping civics etc then you prob have more cash than i did at that time but i found modifications wildly expensive here, there is virtually no second hand market unlike civics. but again this is less relevant for you in america, plus parts are also cheaper in general

but s2000 is cool, but i like(d) both my civics way more. give your friends a year, see if they still have the s2k's or have went back to the civics.

iv done this....and then did the reverse

if your kswapping civics etc then you prob have more cash than i did at that time but i found modifications wildly expensive here, there is virtually no second hand market unlike civics. but again this is less relevant for you in america, plus parts are also cheaper in general

but s2000 is cool, but i like(d) both my civics way more. give your friends a year, see if they still have the s2k's or have went back to the civics.

:nice:
Yeah, I am kinda in the same boat...selling my grey hatchback or I should write sold my hatchback this morning, took all of 20minutes to sell.

For me it's the danger factor. It just seems more like it wants to kill me. This making it more rewarding to drive. I got bored of FF cars quickly. And still get excited by the thought of driving my S2000

Hav wanted an s2k for a few yrs now but hav never drove one, this thread is pushing me towards one again, but couldn't part with my 9 for one!

9000rpm + no roof = get it done!

I miss my MK1 Eunos Roadster, it wasn't very fast but sliding about like a wally with the roof down was SO much fun.

Are the 99-01 s2k's not very cheap to buy in the uk?
I was looking at them before on piston heads an they were cheaper than they are in Ireland, before before the vrt obviously!

Or is just a case of the recked ones are cheap?

You can pick up a grey AP1 for £3500+, but likely to be a POS haha.

I did look a while ago and a nice JDM AP1 could be had for around £5-6k. Anything in white or yellow was like £10k+

2003 white ap1 on it now for £5995 an a very nice 2002 yellow one on it a few months back for same money, there's a spoon fed yellow one on it at the moment, nearly has the full spoon catalogue of s2k parts installed, supercharged aswell worth a look but it £15k!

It seems that going from civic to S2000 would be the natural progression, especially for a honda performance driver/enthusiast . Personally, I'm looking forward to the change and any challenge.

As a car its the ultimate drivers tool I think. FF cars cant give you the same challenge and reward , albeit they may show quicker lap times in certain circumstances , but that is not what the s2000 is all about.

The very reason I moved away from civics etc , was that I wanted to improve my driving skill , and I don't think there is any better car out there than an early standard AP.

By the sounds of things I May stop spending money on the 9 and start saving!!

As a car its the ultimate drivers tool I think. FF cars cant give you the same challenge and reward , albeit they may show quicker lap times in certain circumstances , but that is not what the s2000 is all about.

The very reason I moved away from civics etc , was that I wanted to improve my driving skill , and I don't think there is any better car out there than an early standard AP.

^:nice:^

Aren't S2000's very different kind of cars to Type R's making it taste dependent which one suits you more? I haven't driven one myself but from what I've experienced as a passsenger in an S2000 a EK9/DC2 is more hardcore. I can imagine that someone might choose that over the S2000's merrits.

Of course , everyone has different tastes and what they want out of a car .

Aren't S2000's very different kind of cars to Type R's making it taste dependent which one suits you more? I haven't driven one myself but from what I've experienced as a passsenger in an S2000 a EK9/DC2 is more hardcore. I can imagine that someone might choose that over the S2000's merrits.

Define hardcore as it relates above.

Of course , everyone has different tastes and what they want out of a car .

I have thought that the RWD vs FWD, the RWD would be preferred as a more performance related setup. Challenges the driver more.

Back