Am i mad!?!

elchunk

KCCO
VIP Member
I kinda want to take my interior back out as it sounded and felt so much more fun with it out! Just not practical though. :(

nothing really mad about it.

most poeple with ek9s and eks strip the rear seats and plastics out.

Mines has no plastic in the back. no armrest, cupholders etc, no carpets.

:)

i stripped my civic and painted the shell and was gonna put the rear plastics back in but decided not to as it looks nicer lol.

dont need passengers

means more weight :)

baird showed me your motor when i was up at his a while ago and it had nothing but a seat and a steering wheel lol

only need 1 seat too, tell your passengers to ride a bus :p

my future car will only have 2 bucket seats anyway

mine has everything out including half the dash lol i cut out all bits i dont need so defo no interior for me now haha just 2 bucket seats and the wheel left really

na you aint mad, i have nothing but my dash, steering wheel and drivers seat in mine lol

Nah you aint mad , keep thinking about doing it myself haha

You're not mad, it's just personal :) Mate of mine has done it to his EG and I won't do it. I don't mind some extra engine noise but the wind and road noise is too much for me. I really have to raise my voice on the highway and if I drive 3,5 hours to the Nordschleiffe...no thanks :p

I also keep wondering how much it helps; because the weight balance is more towards the front because it's a fwd, it isn't optimal. By taking out your interior, you'll probably lose most weight in the back. And that results in a weight balance that's even more shifted towards the front. I can imagine (not saying it is, never tested it) that it is not good for cornering.

Last edited:
You ain't mad. Mine currently has nothing in it bar a rear strut brace, dash, steering wheel,, pedals, door cards and the interior loom.

get rid of it. i drive mine everyday in a suit and its stripped (kinda) but when i get my xbrace all the plastics will come out to :D

man up the chunk :)

get it out mate :) u will have seen my old vsm ek9 fully stripped with the cage was a bit tinny but i loved every minute of it :)

Mines is currently stripped for cleaning and some reust prevention.....i recon it will be fully stripped this time next year as i love it :nice:

But interior will be back in for Japshow next month :(

Just curious as to how much weight you lose by stripping the rear out? anybody know?

Probably around 40kg. If your spare tire is not already out :p

Last edited:
took mine out only 2 days ago...
the way i see it, it now means i CANNOT take passengers... before i'd make things up to not take passengers !!!!

plastic's are still in.. but just left the carpet that would go up the back of the rear seats drapped across the floor... its great... much nicer in the corners...

This weekend i think i'll take out the passenger seat aswell !!!

later on i will weigh my rear interior and front seat if people want to know how much weight you will loose... !!!!!!!!!!!

Back