had a wee race

godfridge

was driving home from a mates house along this long straight road, a car came up fast behind me but never passed me as u sat a steady 60 all the way. couldnt figure out from the lights what it was but looked sporty

come to the double laned roundabout end of the road, this prosche cayman flew past me and into the roundabout and overtook me on the roundabout on the inside, so i followed him round and onto the dual carrage way which starts off a double lane, no slip road. we had a lane each and we both nailed it, i nailed it in 2nd gear from about 30 and i started at his back wheel then pulled up inline with his front wheel then a bit forward again and then he backed off. by this time i was nearly maxing third! think he was embarassed to call his car a porsche lol!???

looked up specs online must have been the cayman 2.7 i guessed from a quick look at letstorquebhp.com

Last edited:
Ye can wel believe it man, people massively underestimate civics, I raced a boxster s which are the 3.6 302bhp ones an I killed him on the bends, then got past hin on the straight, albeit slowly but still got passed, some might say he must of been goin easy round bends but he wasnt an anyone can drive fast in a straight line lol our cars are much better than even we think sometimes, great feelin to embarase someone like that :)

I raced a boxer of the lights a in my 106 xsi ( its 127hp at the wheels and completly stripped) anyways there was 2 guys in it, looking and laughing at me haha was great when i destroyed him :D n then just shook my head at him ;)

the shake of disgust does so much more hahah

Boxsters are nice cars but not thát fast. Cayman...well, nice kill! But anything higher we will be destroyed :D And thats nothing to be ashamed off, those cars are much more expensive. I even think a Cayman driven by the right driver will keep ahead of a EK9/DC2 in corners.

Edit: some Nordschleife times:
7:54 Nissan GT-R
8:03 Porsche 911 GT3
8:03 Honda NSX-R (NA1)
8:04 Audi R8 V8
8:04 Porsche Cayman S
8:05 BMW M3 E92
8:06 Subaru WRX STi Spec-C

Would be very overconfident to say an EK9 or DC2 can keep up with an NSX, 911 GT3, M3 or even get close to a GTR :p

On a side note, so far no one has ever challenged me in my DC2 :( :p Maybe I'm too laidback on the road to pose any kind of thread, when there's other traffic and I'm not pushing it I drive 30mph in 5th gear :D

Last edited:
haha cheers the feeling was amazing i couldn't stop laughing that i showed him up after he tryd to show me up, icouldn't believe the result

Nice one man! I destroyed a porsche in my bright yellow 106 gti! Not sure what type it was but he was hammering it to try and stay ahead passed him about 3 times lol

The look is priceless!

2.7 Caymans are only 240bhp iirc....and I would imagine they weigh a good bit more than the EK9's too, good on you none the less :nice:

Ok here goes:

Porsche Cayman 2.7 - 1420kg's 245bhp = 172.5bhp per ton

Godfridge EK9 - ~ 1050kg's 212bhp = 201.9bhp per ton

Dale10ellis10 - 106Gti (guessing stock) 965kg's 120bhp = 124bhp per ton

I know you said it was a different porsche you raced but im trying to think of the slowest porsche for comparison.

A badge doesnt make a car fast anyway look how many people think BMW's or VXR's are the fastest cars on the planet - also people think peak BHP is what makes a fast car.

Last edited:
good on ya mate :nice:
i have always wanted to have a do with a porsche but neva came across 1 willing to go :( but i do love it when you pull up at the lights next to a bisness man in his bmw or merc n they think they are guna leave you in your lil civic then b4 they no it ur in front and gone :drive:

Sounds fun mate... bet he felt very small indeed lol. Wish i could keep up with caymans..

I had a little race with a lotus elise R last night it was one of the first gen elise's not the new ones.. same as you both had a lane on by pass, went on the traffic lights... Damm i got my arse handed to me... and i honestly thought i could hear Vtec... but thought nah must have been me..

pulled up next to him at the next set of lights.. i smiled and wound my wndow down and said "That thing is lovely, that doesn't sound standard what are you running ?"

i got a big smile back and heard the words " Honda power mate..."

I said " awesome i'm running a B16" his come back was " i'm running a K20 tuned to 250HP "

my come back was " I've still got VTEC though " he laughed as he floored it away with flames spitting out of the exhuast.
i had a great time thoguh even though he completely rapped me.. :))

i laughed all the way home...

Ha its funny having little races like this. Even if its against business men in their Audi A4's etc and when they get smoked the look on their face is priceless :lol:

Would be interesting what he went and told his mates
he would completely over exaggerate your car lol

Ye can wel believe it man, people massively underestimate civics, I raced a boxster s which are the 3.6 302bhp ones an I killed him on the bends, then got past hin on the straight, albeit slowly but still got passed, some might say he must of been goin easy round bends but he wasnt an anyone can drive fast in a straight line lol our cars are much better than even we think sometimes, great feelin to embarase someone like that :)

You've no clue what you're talking about.

Sounds fun mate... bet he felt very small indeed lol. Wish i could keep up with caymans..

I had a little race with a lotus elise R last night it was one of the first gen elise's not the new ones.. same as you both had a lane on by pass, went on the traffic lights... Damm i got my arse handed to me... and i honestly thought i could hear Vtec... but thought nah must have been me..

pulled up next to him at the next set of lights.. i smiled and wound my wndow down and said "That thing is lovely, that doesn't sound standard what are you running ?"

i got a big smile back and heard the words " Honda power mate..."

I said " awesome i'm running a B16" his come back was " i'm running a K20 tuned to 250HP "

my come back was " I've still got VTEC though " he laughed as he floored it away with flames spitting out of the exhuast.
i had a great time thoguh even though he completely rapped me.. :))

i laughed all the way home...

Hello

it was me :)) I liked your civic !

I had literally just serviced my motor and changed 2 wheel bearings so was just taking it for a quick spin to make sure nothing flew off it! LOL

big fan of the Honda VTEC engine, used to have a B16 engined CRX VT Mk2 a few years ago, it was a cracking little lump mine dyno'ed at 179bhp, feck knows what had been done to it... I bought it like that with only a filter and zorst on it as far as I knew... LOL

having put up with the fragile Rover K series in the elise for many years a K20 conversion in an elise was high up there on the wish list.

it still suffers some niggly issues with drive shafts and engine mounts but as long as you keep a regular check on them nothing tends to go majorly wrong.

the VTEC has been re-mapped by OMEX HQ in Cheltenham at 4250rpm right through to the redline.. it keeps the brutal kick of cam switch well away from track driving conditions.

I suspect there is another chap on here I know in Norwich called Alan with a Silver EK9

the sad thing is I only ever see cars that I'd like to have a play with when I'm driving my diesel golf, typical.

Steve.

Back