Help with my gearbox!!

yellowek9

Hey guys, I dont come on here often but i thought il check with you lot because you seem to know whats the best thing to do to mod the 9!!

Im gonna get the 4.7 final drive, should i get a lightweight flywheel too? someone told me to either do one or the other, now im not sure!!

I also read a previous post on what clutch is best to get. I heard alot of people had problems with the ACT, i also got recommended clutchmasters. But i was looking into either spoon or toda, anyone got one of these and did you have any problems at all?

Any advise you can give me would be great before i go out spending all my money!hehe!

thanks guys

do both lightweight flywheels work wonders on high revving engines

you can do both light weight flywheel and 4.7 FD without any problems, if its a street car i would suggest a 10-12lbs flywheel, 8 is too light and it makes shifting jerky.

about the clutch, i highly suggest clutchmasters stage 3, it can handle even the most extreme NA applications and is VERY driveable and light on the foot. ACT is a junk design and has very heavy pedal pressure, plus clutchmasters is cheaper.

spoon and toda are just way too overpriced, the clutchmasters stage III is about $400usd for the complete kit.

Back