**warning about eibach spc front camber arms**

stevenEK9

trackattack
Just a warning to anyone with Eibach SPC front camber arms, i would strongly advise checking your arms as the following it pretty shocking :nono:

Removed my camber arms today to fit some new ones, with the short stroke coilovers i needed ones which could be adjusted from the underside. was SHOCKED when i removed the Eibach arms to find that on the passenger arm there are cracks right through to both bushes and the arms were begining to split open :mad:

IMAG0578.jpg

IMAG0579.jpg

Deffinately something up with the arms as the drivers arm is the same, only cracked round one of the bushes on it though, guess the extra stress of all the RH turns at knockhill has made the passenger one worst

when i fitted the arms they were fitted at the correct factory torque and the suspension was loaded when the bolts were tightened etc, these are almost 2 years old now

will deffinately be speaking to Eibach about this, if that had given in then goodbye shock tower :nono:

consider cyber speeds as a replacent ive been mpressed with tthe qualittyy so far. and apartt form upgrading the 8x 8.8 grade boltts i tthink ttheyyre great.

Already fitted some skunk 2 pro series arms Will ! Really impressed with the quality and the design seems much better than some :)

Did you have them rotated left hand for right hand side for more castor?

nope

the eibach/SPC arms have castor adjustment via a fancy balljoint locking assembly so there is no need to rotate

my new arms i have fitted to the wrong sides though for more castor :nice:

That's shocking man...good job you went to change them now eh?

Already fitted some skunk 2 pro series arms Will ! Really impressed with the quality and the design seems much better than some :)

id say you will be replacing the balljoints on the skunk2 arms in a short time.

they dont even withstand normal road use never mind on a track!
thats if they havn`t changed them in the past while.

good job you went to change the others Steven!

Wow, quite a failure there! First time I've heard anyone speak ill of SPC parts, definately worth seeing what they have to say on the matter!

id say you will be replacing the balljoints on the skunk2 arms in a short time.

they dont even withstand normal road use never mind on a track!
thats if they havn`t changed them in the past while.

good job you went to change the others Steven!

I bought the new ones brand new, i have no problems with having to change out the balljoints etc just as long as the arms themselves hold up better than these ones :nerv:

you will have no problem with the skunk2 arms mate.

pity about the balljoints,seem to last just over a year or so with road use so you may see a better lifespan with any luck if its just used for track few times a month.

goodluck :nice:

Fookin ell good job one of em never let go round the nurburgring, there's allot to be said for steel parts over aluminum, bending is better than breaking :)

I wonder how many guys are running round with the same problem unknowing to themselves? Scary thought :(

With any of these after market upgrades the owner/driver needs to constantly look for parts failing.

Honda did their jobs at giving us the BEST for long term use, we take those OEM parts off and install after market performance parts, and the after market companies are not after same goal as honda with long term use.

Anywho, sorry about your failed arm, get SPC to replace it and sell it off.

Last edited:
i just bought the brand new skunk 2 pro series camber arms 2, never put them on the wrong sides tho lol

Just saw this on jdmy0, Madness!!!!

Thank god it didnt lead to anything more.....

wonder what they would have said if it had totally snapped and ****ed up the car

...they would say that the user should have checked the equipment prior to the off road use. They are only responsible for selling the part, not the install or the up-keep.

Thing is though, i can understand wear in the bushes, but for a structural failure of the arm through a casting seam is clearly a manufacturing defect

when folk fit cams / pistons / flywheels etc, do they remove them every so often just to check they haven't cracked? No as they expect them to be built to a suitable standard

The arms themselves are not a consumable item

Thats nuts !

Let us know the outcome, I always wanted those arms too - not anymore !

Back