EK9 for tender(local)

JDM_addict

Couples of weeks ago,I read through my local newspaper published an ads from custom dept. regarding cars for tender. There were several cars in the list, what actually caught my attention was a Honda Civic EK9 yr 98. So I called one of the officer no. in the ads and asked him about the history of that car. He told me that, probably the car was confiscated because it doesn't went through proper channel of registering vehicle for Japan. I don't know whether is a genuine EK9 or not because there is no photo. So i decided to fly there and have a look. The price start wit roughly USD1K(after i have convert it to USD). Car will go to the highest bidder. So guys, do u think it's a genuine n worth buying with what price? I know there are alot of parts i need to replace such as recaro, engine head n intake, spoiler, rim, dash.

Here's some photos i took
$IMG_0328.JPG

$IMG_0329.JPG

$IMG_0330.JPG

$IMG_0331.JPG

$IMG_0332.JPG

$IMG_0333.JPG

$IMG_0334.JPG

$IMG_0336.JPG

$IMG_0337.JPG

$IMG_0338.JPG

$IMG_0339.JPG

$IMG_0340.JPG

$IMG_0341.JPG

$IMG_0342.JPG

$IMG_0343.JPG

$IMG_0344.JPG

$IMG_0345.JPG

$IMG_0346.JPG

$IMG_0347.JPG

$IMG_0349.JPG

It looks like a genuine ek9 to me from the VIN number. 97-98 Prefacelift.It does need hell of alot of work (poor thing) but it does seem it has been in a front end accident. The car has facelift front bumper and the picture 3rd from bottom shows it had a knock in the front.
Its your money dude at the end of the day if it doesnt sell for to much get it and restore i if you have the cash and time.
Good luck

Im not sure if it can be a pre-facelift looking at it with the yellow bay it looks like it was originally yellow or has had the bay painted yellow. Wasnt their some 98 facelifts?

Anyway with the condition its in i wouldnt pay any more than $3000-3500 USD

Needs a lot of attention

Looks genuine as only the ek9 had rear LCA brace. Only prob is it has preface lift chassis number but yellow was not available in prefacelift????
Dunx

if minor accident, then should be ok. I scare major one that bent the frame.
I think it was originally yellow n painted white. You can see the CTR decals at the side are different. and also the the rear bumper, the lip has been removed n exposed the yellow color.
How about the third last pic?

Looks genuine as only the ek9 had rear LCA brace. Only prob is it has preface lift chassis number but yellow was not available in prefacelift????
Dunx

that's why i took the pics of the lower chasis to see whether it's a genuine one.
You mean yellow only has facelift and no prefacelift?

looking at it several times i reckon it is a genuine ek9, the only thing that threw me was the yellow in the engine bay. However i would pay more than $4000 usd as it will cost you a lot to bring the car back. However if you get it cheap enough its worth a bid :) the yellow is only in the facelift and definately not pre facelift.

it also has pre facelift dash so it cant be facelift. What i assume has been done to the car, had a front end damage, converted it to facelift and probably the owner wanted it white and sprayed it but, like dunx said vin number plate is pre-facelift so is the dash.

Yes, its confusing me trying to work out whats happened to this car :) Would be a nice car to buy on the cheap and fix it up. Would cost a lot of money to fix though. Don't buy it as a spur of the moment thing as it will end up costing an arm and a leg to restore. If you've thought it through and have the time and money to get it back to how it should be it'd be a great project :nice:

Goood luck :))

it also confused me about the yellow and pre and facelift we are talking about. What i understand from you all was, yellow color only comes in facelift and not prefacelift. For this car, i can confirmed that the original color was yellow, but the dash and vin are from prefacelift, anymore further clarification?

appreciate for more input..

No such thing as a yellow pre-facelift. Honda brought them straight out as a face-lift which started part way through 1998.

Yip i though so but didnt want to say 1998 phoenix yellow facelift it would be, dont know why it has the pre-facelift dash though? Maybe been swapped at somepoint

Poor car :(( and agree with all comments its a weird one ! Could of been a cw pre-lift and someone painted the bay yellow for whatever reason or etc etc but its defo had a bad accident at some stage. If you go for it fair play man but hope you know what your letting yourself in for :nice:

A build thread of this back to fresh oem would be sweet :D

No idea - never seen a facelift with 100 vin, mathew can you check yours? does it start 100 or 110

Its probably pre-facelift been resprayed yellow at some point/converted to facelift and sprayed white.

Last edited:
Back