Good Driving Roads in the UK? Google Earth Pic & location, Post em up!

NeilVtec

Thought it would be a good idea for those of us who like to explore in the summer! Be good see where everyone elses favourite driving roads are,

Theres one thats far too big for me to get a picture of, basically find the A44 at leominster & Follow it all the way to wales, heres a snippet of what some sections of the road are like! going to do the drive when the weathers a bit warmer :D

LEOMINSTERROADA44.jpg

And also a very local favourite, The kidderminster road (A448) , (between Bromsgrove & Kidderminster) got some nice little twisties. the pic does it no justice!!!

Kiddyroad.jpg

And then of course the malverns (malvern Hills) Loads of great roads around them but this ones the best IMO! (only when its dry!!!) The bit ive done in yellow!

MalvernRUN.jpg

And not to forget he Kirkstone Pass in the lake district :D

kirkstonepass.jpg

What Roads do you have that are nice for a drive and where are they? Need to go exploring this summer! :nice:

Last edited:
Looking forward to this one!! Wish I had some to put forward but the roads round me are sh*t.

Whereabouts in the country are you Neil? Don't recognise what part of the country that is...

West midlands mate,:nice: Kidderminster Road and malverns are fairly local, but kirkstone pass is in the lakedistrict (awesome roads all over the place!) and the other road A44 goes all the way from worcester through leominster into wales! havn't driven it myself yet, but my mate has a couple of times so im going to do the mission when it warms up a bit!

there's an awesome road i use sometimes travelling home from RAF lossiemouth, it runs from braemar through the spital of glen shee ski resort with some of the best scenery i've ever seen. Very twisty with steep drops if u'r not careful . I'll find the name of the road if i get a chance, it last's a good 2 hours :)

Good idea you have there hope it catches on! I'm fr Ireland do there aunt many over here

Good idea you have there hope it catches on! I'm fr Ireland do there aunt many over here

in cork there are!
some brilliant twisty rally roads with good surface.
mulakinish being my fav.twisting around the mountain.savage:drool:

i've driven most those roads except the lakes neil, very good. give me a shout in the summer when you go exploring as im local in stourport :)

want to get up to the highlands in scotland, loch lomand etc roads are unbelievable
couple teasers from when i had my last 9:nice:

picture.php

picture.php

IMG_2867.jpg

IMG_2860.jpg

IMG_2846.jpg

there's an awesome road i use sometimes travelling home from RAF lossiemouth, it runs from braemar through the spital of glen shee ski resort with some of the best scenery i've ever seen. Very twisty with steep drops if u'r not careful . I'll find the name of the road if i get a chance, it last's a good 2 hours :)

That road runs from where i live Blairgowrie to Braemar the a93 its called, its about 35 miles between here and Braemar,it is an epic road ,got virtually no traffic on it either!

I'm tempted to drive all the way to Scotland just to drive those roads !
They look amazing
think I've driven on the one mentioned going to Wales
is it the one going to abber?

yeah alot of the roads by the elan valley are meant to be awesome!!! deffo going there in the summer get some pics on the dam & go for a good drive!

And 100% Mate (y3lo) i dont think itl be long before a few of us head up the A44 to wales and back, or anywhere tbh im 100% good for some good weather drives :nice:

Some Better Pics of that B4518 Road!, Looks quite tight & Bumpy in sections, but would still be worth a look if i was near the area!
B4518.jpg

B45181.jpg

Back