Hamp oil filters

JoSh

Dear all,

Just thought I would let you know that my friend ordered some Hamp oil filters the other day and when it came to fitting them we found that the ones he had ordered were actually shorter, same diameter, but shorter.

After a little research I have found that HAMP have actually reduced the size of their filters to give an increase in oil pressure [3-5psi], this will provide better lubrication of the engine without too much stress on the seals, gaskets etc!:nerv:

Also to note - they say that the smaller filter gives the same filtration for the same amount of mileage, I dis-agree and recommend that if you are to use these filters that you change the oil + filter more frequently.:nice:

Im sure one of the EK9 guru's will be able to provide more information about this, but I have told you what I know/think!

I will post up a picture later of the differences in size!

Josh..

3-5 psi increase was common knowledge I thought mate.

I use these filter, good stuff.

Pictures will be nice for resource :)

I just went to the local Honda, asked for a oil filter for B series, :(

Fitted perfect ;)

i just go honda get oil filter. dont cash dish out for hamp every oil change.

looking forward for the photos :D

3-5 psi increase was common knowledge I thought mate.

I use these filter, good stuff.

Pictures will be nice for resource :)

It is common knowledge, but these new, even smaller hamp filters give an increase of 3-5 psi over the ORIGINAL Hamp filter! ;)

i just go honda get oil filter. dont cash dish out for hamp every oil change.

I bought a batch of the internet and they worked out at £5.60 per filter, that hardly breaks my bank and they are cheaper than my local Honda! :shocked:

looking forward for the photos :D

Photo's as promised!

Hamp1.jpg

Hamp1.jpg

Josh..

Wow, where did u get them from then?? I just bought one from FunkyPower. Cost £8! should have shopped around! Doh!! lol

Wow, where did u get them from then?? I just bought one from FunkyPower. Cost £8! should have shopped around! Doh!! lol

Ebay fella! Bought 10 from a trusted seller (good rep), 5 for me and 5 for a friend £56 with free postage! Cant go wrong!

Josh..

Aw, fairplay, I know where Ill be checking next time.lol Cheers man!

When u guna do the oil change,or have u already done it?

Aw, fairplay, I know where Ill be checking next time.lol Cheers man!

When u guna do the oil change,or have u already done it?

No worries. Well it was done 2,500 miles ago at my local garage as the car had a full 'going over/service' to check everything was up to standard etc. I only carry out basic servicing, which I hope to progress.
I will be changing the oil in around 500 miles as I change every 3000.

Josh..

Ahh I see, sorry.

Even smaller HAMP filter, LOL

Cool.

It wasn't that seller, but after checking their feedback - they look like a trusted seller. Bit pricey, but I guess that's because I bought a batch!

The part number indicates it's one of the 'original' Hamp sized filters.

Original size = H1540-RTA-505
New smaller size = H1540-PFB-515

Josh..

right oh.. thanks for that info think i will look fot the new smaller size :nice:

The small filter yes is smaller than an oem one.

One more pic:

Last edited:
i hope that its easy to get at with an oil filter wrench being so short

had an absolute pain in the ass of a short filter to take of on my friends SiR

driveshaft kept getting in the way

Bought 5 off ebay with the free postage, delivered in 4 days from hong kong!!
Excellent service and filters, would recommend!!:nice:

Back